This place looks very groovy on their website and they do a have a few nice touches such as ipod docks in some rooms, but overall this is still a small old hotel which has had a makeover. 'Boutique' is apparently hotel-speak for 'small' and in this case that applied to our room, which was snug, and the tiny, non-functional, bathroom which was our main let-down.
We wondered why the toilet had a bizarre 'side saddle' seat which was at a 30 degree angle to the rest of it. When we tried to use it the reason became apparent - the 'throne' was shoved so far into the corner it could not be used in any other way. Even then we were squashed in with one butt cheek touching the cold tile wall and left knee perilously close to the red hot towel warming radiator. Without wishing to get too graphic, believe me when I say I would have needed to be a contortionist to carry out a normal bodily function which I have been practicing for 50 years. It is absolutely impossible to carry out 'the paperwork' in any normal fashion and I singed my elbow whilst attempting it. Whoever 'designed' our bathroom should be condemned to using it daily for the rest of his life. We suffered it for two days but if you do decide to stay here, avoid room 203 like the plague.
Apart from the these difficulties it isn't a bad place. Service is pretty good, the rooms are nicely decorated and the breakfast appetising. Only one small gripe with breakfast, the cereals sit out in open, uncovered, dishes which is not very hygienic and not conducive to keeping cornflakes crunchy. Surely it would be better to serve individual portion packs rather than encourage customers to go for the 'fry up' option instead? Car parking space is definitely very limited - I felt uneasy about having the staff continuously move our hire car around but thankfully no harm came to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE INN is an award winning friendly boutique Hotel, Restaurant & Bar, a 10 minute walk into St Helier centre. The hotel has 36 beautifully decorated comfortable rooms, including recently remodelled suites, all with excellent modern facilities. Classic Rooms have hospitality tray, satellite TV, free Wi-Fi, The White Company toiletries and safe. Superior rooms and Suites also have ipod docking station, DVD player, bathrobes and complimentary mineral water. Facilities within the hotel include an open plan bar, free WiFi, games room with Wii and 3D TV, outside smoking terrace and car parking facilities.THE INN also has a calm contemporary air-conditioned restaurant, popular with locals, with an extensive menu including Specials which take full advantage of local produce.Our friendly team will always be on hand with attentive service, and guests always comment on our superb staff. Our customers are always our number one priority and we strive to offer everyone something very special at THE INN.THE INN is very proud to have retained a GOLD award from Visit Britain for the third year running, which recognises outstanding levels of quality, comfort, customer care and food. THE INN also recently won the Jersey Enterprise Medium Business Award rewarding passion and success within the Island community.THE INN aims to be different to any other Hotel on the Island in terms of the ambiance and diversity of what we are offering. Look forward to seeing you soon! We ask future guests to note that we situated on the outskirts of St Helier which is a busy town and some rooms may suffer from a little road noise at busy times. Our main car park is situated opposite the hotel and when full we ask guests to block in other cars and leave their keys at reception to enable us to move cars around which we are insured for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, T4B, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Inn Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn Boutique Hotel St. Helier
- The Inn Boutique Jersey/St. Helier