“Yummy Yummy Fish!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Ashburton, United Kingdom
“Yummy Yummy Fish!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Found this on the Visitor Map and decided it was a must for Oysters!

4 different ways with Oysters and 2 different sizes means there is something for everyone - and for those of you who think Oysters are slimy, have them deep fried - you'll never regret it!!

I followed up with Frito Misto - just to really do fried fish overload - but that was superb. My friend had grilled salmon in sauce and it looked very appetizing indeed!

We turned up without a reservation and were found a table, but we did arrive on a Sunday (incidentally, they serve Sunday Lunch from Noon to 8pm for those of you having a lazy day!) I would urge you to reserve a table to avoid disappointment.

The waiting staff were attentive, the food fantastic and all around, I very much enjoyed this little stopover.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Seymour Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hi Ambersam

Thanks for your great review and I am so pleased you enjoyed hospitality and great food at the Seymour Inn.

It's worth mentioning that you can actually see the oysters you are eating growing opposite.

Not many can say that!

Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

very varied menu, catered for my gluten free meal, portions were
generous, recommended well worth a visit.

Visited June 2013
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Seymour Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hi Brianh

Thanks for your great review. I am so pleased you enjoyed The Seymour and hope we can welcome you back soon.

Berkshire, England
“Need To Update Their Sign!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went in for a quick sandwich at just before 2pm ... The sign on the side of the pub said that lunch was served until 2.15pm and we saw that food was still leaving the kitchen. Was told that we could not be served any food at all.

It must be nice to be making so much money that people can be turned away!

So have no idea whether the food is any good.

• Visited June 2013
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Seymour Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hi Donkeykeeper

I am sorry you didn’t get your sandwiches when you came into the Seymour recently.

We have been replacing equipment in our kitchen the last couple of weeks, this has meant on some days when plumbing/electrical work needs carrying out we can not take last orders after 1400 otherwise there would be a possibility that we would not have enough time to clean and prepare for evening service,

I am sorry if this was not explained to you.

There are normally two sides to every story and I hope your rather severe low score/review will not deter others from visiting us, meeting our friendly team and eating some great food.

We do get very busy at times, so to avoid anyone else being disappointed can I suggest making a reservation on 01534 854558.

Jersey
“Waited and age and then it really was not worth it...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went with extended family for lunch.
The first room filled with smoke from the kitchen due to appalling ventilation in the kitchen so we had to move.
We ordered and were informed there would be a short wait but it took nearly an hour to get our meal!
When the food arrived it was average at best and hardly worth the wait.
The pub is in a lovely spot and staff are reasonably pleasant but it will have to improve a lot in order for me to return

Visited October 2012
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Seymour Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Trinity Bob
I am so sorry you did not enjoy your recent meal with us.

First of all, yes you were right about the ventilation. Unfortunately we had a problem with the extraction system when you were there and it had to be turned off.

I don’t know if this was explained to you and I am sorry for the inconvenience of moving tables.

I am also sorry you felt your food was "average". Obviously I don't know what you ordered and why you feel this without more detail. I can assure you however that general feedback could not be more different and we wouldn’t have customers returning at the rate they do if your experience or opinion was the norm.

Finally, I think your comments regarding the wait are just a tad unfair! You were told that there would be a delay due to the fact the kitchen was busy and that is exactly what happened.

All our food is freshly cooked to order and my chefs cannot cook it any quicker than they do and offer the selection and quality we are known for.

UK
“Good food, lots of choice, nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Lovely meal, prompt service (even thought they were very busy!), reasonable cost.
Parking, reservations accepted and beach opposite - perfect!

Visited August 2012