“Best Hotel we ever stayed in” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel de France
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   St Saviours Road, St. Helier JE1 7XP   |
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in St. Helier
Tralee, Ireland
“Best Hotel we ever stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

No negative comments
Staff, facilities, accommadation, location and food were all excellent
Will certainly come again

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

The Hotel De France lived up to all expectations. The hotel was full of fresh flowers which were checked daily, the hotel staff couldnt do enough for us and the hotel was spotless. If you like to be pampered then you have to have some of the great treatments they offer they were incredible. The food was great, you must try Saffrons restuarant for an indian with a twist, never had anything like it before. The only down side was finding the hotel in St Hellier but luckily a nice young man helped us. Also the hotel staff were mainly foreign and so there were a few things lost in translation! apart from that it was perfect.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

I spent 4 years studying Hospitality Management and to say I'm usually a little critical of cleanliness and service is an understatement.... however, I could not find a single fault with this hotel. The service is amazing, the food is wonderful, the staff are helpful, the leisure facilities are great, my children had a great time which in turn meant my husband and I did too. It was refreshing to stay somewhere where children were welcome and well catered for without it seeming like a Butlins Holiday camp. It was lovely and I will visit again!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Whitley Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

A truly excellent hotel. Staff were amongst the best we have encountered. The Spa is well worth a visit.

nottinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

We stayed at this hotel this July for a week, had a great holiday in Jersey. Lovely hotel , so clean and well maintianed. Staff extremely helpful and polite.
We stayed bed & breakfast, had a very good breakfast plenty of choice.
Facilities good, enjoyed the swimming pool.
Short walk into St Hellier town centre,
Would love to stay again, hope to arrange another visit.
Highly recommended.

Sunbury on Thames
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

Its better late than never as stayed at the hotel in April 09 over Easter & had a great time. This was my 5th visit to the hotel & gets better each time. I had a huge room as on my own, clean, comfy bed.
The staff are very friendly especailly Gemma. All the staff welcomed me back it was a nice touch.
Breakfast great & eat what you want. I had my evening meal in Aroma which was nice & not to expensive. The bars were nice too.
I did have a spa treatment which gets better each time & well worth it.
Same the shuttle bus isn't more frequent, but one can walk in 15-20 mins. Its the coming back which is the killer especailly all those steps to the hotel but there is a bench!!!!
I would recommend all ages with families too. I will be back next year.
AS for the airline I flew FLYBE I will never touch them with a barge pole. They smashed my case coming back to Gatwick & still fighting for new case which theyre not willing to pay up I have rejeced there offer twice so its to the small claims court. It was my first time with FLYBE & never again. BA here I come.
Will keep you posted on the outcome with FLYBE don't RECOMMEND them at all.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
west sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed at this elegant hotel for four nights at the end of June and were very pleasantly surprised at the facilities, and the friendliness of the management and staff. The spa is second to none, with all the various areas spotlessly clean and well maintained. The food in the brasserie was excellent, and beautifully presented, and was also very well priced. My thanks to Manual for enhancing our stay at this hotel, The room we were allocated when we arrived was, again, spotlessly clean and well furnished. If I have to make a critism, it is that there was no air conditioning and it faced out over an absolute obscenity of corugated tin, which I understand was a conference centre. Luckily we were on the ninth floor and were able to see over the top of it to the town and harbour, any of the lower floors would be lookine straight at it allowing no view whatsoever!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel de France? Share your experiences!