“Wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in St. Helier
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights (3 to 7 Sep) on a short break. The room (No 124) was clean, airy and comfortable and had a lovely view over the terrace and towards St Helier. The hotel was beautifully furnished, with a wonderful staircase in reception. The breakfast was excellent with loads of choice and was taken in the Orangery. We ate three nights out of the four at Cafe Aroma, twice on the terrace and once inside. The meals were really tasteful and there was a great choice. As 77nab commented, the staff were absolutely terrific and were a credit to the hotel. We will be back as we found 5 days was not enough to see all of Jersey. All in all a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Every single member of staff encountered during my staff was excellent, cheerful, friendly and helpful without being overbearing. Other hotels could learn from your staff.
Would be good to warn guests that lifts up to rooms are glass and on outside of building. Being terrible with heights this was a shock!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is one of the fanciest and most expensive hotels on Jersey. I used to live on Jersey and recentoy went back to see mates for my birthday with my bf. We stayed here for a week and enjoyed the poshness! However I was dissapointed with the aircon as it was a very hot week in Jersey and we boiled in the room with the windows open and vad aircon in full blast! Apart from that we had a great time. There is even a hotel bus that will take you into town. The staff were really happy and freindly too.

Southminster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We booked a 10 night stay at this hotel at short notice after our planned holiday feel through and so didn't really know what to expect.. The staff were friendly an helpful during our whole stay. The food is excellent with a choice of three restaurants where the service too was excellent. Our room was clean, comfortable and airy. The hotel is about 10 to 15 minutes walk from the hotel. The walk is not difficult except for the last part where there are a number of steps which may be difficult for those with mobility problems. However a mini bus does run a shuttle service to and from the centre of St Helier and this drops you at the front door. If you are in a car the Hotel is on the Ring Road which is a bonus and there is ample parking available. A perfect base from which to explore Jersey. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I recently transferred here from the Samares Coast hotel for 2nights. I booked a single room without breakfast for £130. Very good value for money. I have stayed here several times before with my partner and it is still very good. It's not a bucket and spade family hotel which but is perfect for couples and business travellers. It's quiet and a 10 minute walk from the town centre with plenty of parking. I did find the receptionist a tad surly on check in but perhaps she was just having a bad hair day. Altogether a quality hotel that I will be happy to visit again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

A wonderful week celebrating a 60th birthday and 40th wedding anniversary made special by a lovely room, friendly staff and excellent food. A standard room was all that was available on booking but the travel agent asked if we could be allocated a superior room should one become available. The hotel actually took notice of this and we were upgraded to a lovely spacious room wih a view facing the town(254). Champagne and fruit was left in our room on the day of our anniversary- a lovely gesture we wont forget. We had planned to go in to town for our evening meals but after sampling the excellent food in Cafe Aroma served by the most friendly efficient staff we ate in the hotel every night. The spa area is also very nice. We spent a lot of time relaxing in the garden. I asked a member of staff one day if he could help my husband put up the sun brolly. I will do better than that he said I will do it for him. That was just one small example of the outstanding service . I hope the management appreciate what a valuable asset they have in ALL their staff. We did not have any dressing gowns but the spa staff told us to ask at reception. No problem - These were in our rooms shortly afterwards. No decaff coffee in room - No problem - arrived in room within a few minutes.
I am very loath to mention any negative points but as mentioned by another review we were a little suprised there was no fridge/mini bar. I would also point out to anyone with mobility issues
- if arriving by vehicle (courtesy bus available) you are dropped off right outside the hotel doors so no problem but if you choose to walk the steps from the road back up to the hotel are quite steep. Very much looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Our room was 254. Large - front facing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Wow, what an amazing hotel in a beautiful part of the world.We booked a three night offer through secret escapes which included ferry crossing ,car hire ,breakfast and a three course meal on the evening of arrival for quite a reasonable price so to be honest my expectations weren't very high. I WAS VERY MISTAKEN! We arrived at the hotel which from the outside looks very grand we were then shown to our room which was clean and comfortable and had views across the city. The hotel is located just outside the centre but within walking distance of the main shopping centre or if not just a short taxi ride. The perfect location and base for exploring the island and also for peace and quiet after a day in the hustle and bustle of city centre .The staff were always cheerful and couldn't do enough to help .Il is very well run and very efficient.The hotel has three restaurants ,breakfast served in the orangery as a buffet with plenty of choice no faults at all.The three course meal we had on the first evening as part of the offer was particularly good, the chicken dish was to die for. On the second evening we decided to try out the Indian restaurant saffron s , we chose the seven course tasting menu and although slightly pricey at £52 per person ,it was worth every penny .The food was out of this world and I cannot recommend this enough to anyone staying in this hotel! VERY TALENTED CHEF ! On two of the days we were there we made use of the hotel spa which was also very impressive. The place was sparkling and the pool lovely.I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone staying in st helier it was simply excellent .If I could recommend anything it would be to stay for longer than three nights .

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a spa room if u want a bit more space and luxury. We did have a top floor room whi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel de France? Share your experiences!