“Amazing and Special night out” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 174 Restaurants in St. Helier
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Grand Jersey’s fine dining restaurant Tassili, offers an exquisite modern British menu, with a decadent Jersey twist. This three Rosette restaurant represents the ultimate in seduction and luxury. Our menus are the platform for the very best of Jersey’s local and seasonal produce, showcased in an opulent setting within an intimate ambiance.
Retford, United Kingdom
“Amazing and Special night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We went here aspartame of an Easter weekend family joint birthday celebration, and had the Taste Experience Menu. The food was an absolutely fabulous experience, with each dish offering a different taste sensation and being a new approach to many ingredients. The service was first clas - friendly and informed, and it contributed to a thoroughly enjoyable experience - one to remember and repeat. Thoroughly recommended.

Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Fantastic food and friendly and attentive service, would highly recommend. I was particularly impressed with the special fish-only tasting menu option.

Surrey
“Michelin Star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Excellent food excellent service.
Novelty web cam watching the 'pass' in the kitchen, interesting to see food plated up.

Brum
“Glarghhhh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

On arrival, we were taken through to the bar and decided to have a glass of champagne while perusing the menu. The choice of tasting menus was excellent (I think there were several) plus an a la carte choice too. My husband and I both opted for the 5 course fish tasting menu. It was a struggle not to eat my own body weight in the fresh bread rolls and sea-weed butter, which were served while we waited for the Amuse Bouche. Each course was beautifully presented and utterly exquisite to taste. I also really enjoyed the deserts - how do these clever chefs come up with a seam of chilled blood orange sorbet inside fluffy war marshmallow?! Delicious and creative. Highly professional staff (100% agree with the comment below - attentive but not intrusive). We fell for the charms of the cheese trolley - I think there had to be around 20 or so to chose from, served with an impressive array of accompaniments and crackers. My personal favourite was the goats cheese with truffle honey. In the words of Homer Simpson....'glargghhhh' - translation: 'drool'. For me, the only very small niggle would have to be the flat screen tv showing a PowerPoint slide show of the kitchen - I just didn't get it - does it normally show a live feed of the kitchen? Even then, I'm still not sure I get it. Just show me the food. And the wine....glarghhhhh.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“5 star dining, good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Delicious food, excellent service. Attentive but not intrusive. Well worth a visit, £49 for 3 courses, very reasonable. Good selection of wine at a good price.
My only gripe was the cheese trolley was positioned too near our table and smelt strong - I am sure the staff would have moved it if I had asked though.