We have just returned from a thoroughly enjoyable 5 day stay at Windmills Hotel. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left the service from everyone - be they the owners, reception, bar or restaurant staff - was exemplary, friendly and helpful without being intrusive.
Every inch of the hotel is immaculately clean and we have never experienced such swift maid service, without fail our room was made up whilst we were at breakfast each morning.
Food in both the bar and restaurant was very good, with more than enough choice on the breakfast menu to keep my ‘full English’ disliking husband happy – he highly recommends the kippers and scrambled egg. We ate from the al la carte menu in the restaurant one evening and found the both the quality and presentation of the food to be of a very high standard.
We stayed in a standard room which was of a reasonable size, with a large shower cubicle and powerful shower in the en suite. Our only niggle was that a lack of soundproofing meant that we could hear the people in the room above walking around but this was certainly not enough to keep us awake at night or wake us early in the morning. From what we could see the sea/pool facing rooms had magnificent views, I only wish I had been faster in making our booking as they were all booked when I enquired.
I am not sure that I understand the comment from a previous reviewer about the outside area being ‘neglected’, it certainly wasn't when we stayed, we spent at least an hour after breakfast each morning sitting on the terrace in the morning sun reading and the whole area including the gardens and pool was as well cared for as the inside of the hotel.
The walk down to St Brelade’s beach – which is one of the best beaches we have been to - was not as steep as I had feared when I ‘walked’ it on Google Street Map, it took us approximately 10 minutes each way.
We would not hesitate to return to Windmills and will certainly be recommending it to friends and family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windmills Hotel has an official (JQA) 3 Star grading. It is a family run hotel and the ideal base from which to enjoy your Jersey experience. Apart from its amazing sea views, the Hotel is a short downhill walk to St Brelade beach, only 100 metres to the nearest bus stop and within easy reach of St Aubins village and the railway walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Windmills Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windmills Hotel St Brelade
- Windmills Hotel Jersey/St. Brelade