Having unexpectedly lost my Mother recently to a swift, aggressive illness, I was craving peace & quiet together with some sheer unadulterated luxury, so this hotel was my first choice. Having visited on several occasions to dine in the fabulous Michelin starred Ocean Restaurant, I had always promised myself I would return and actually stay there, so this was the opportunity to do it. The service from booking across the telephone right through to checkout was superb, nothing was too much trouble. We had booked an executive suite but upon arrival the Manager upgraded us to their finest suite, the Atlantic Suite, which was extremely kind.
They knew my situation, my husband had emailed them ahead and they were so understanding and considerate, they even presented me with flowers and a copy of the Ocean Restaurant's Head Chef, Mark Jordan's cook book, with a personalised message from him and signed for me as a gift. These people really did make effort and went the extra mile, I can't praise them highly enough.
The Atlantic Suite needless to say was extremely comfortable. The pool was clean, quiet and well kept, pool service was regular and not intrusive and as for the restaurant's food, well, they truly deserve their Michelin star. My husband and I, as you'll see from my previous reviews, take great pleasure in fine dining and have eaten at some of the best restaurants in the world. The Ocean restaurant takes you back to old school charm - fine white tablecloths, polished silverware, waiting staff wearing pure white gloves to serve you... There's a timeless elegance about the decor and ambiance - just lovely.
One word of caution though, it is not somewhere i'd particularly recommend for children pretty much below the age of 10, the formality and pin drop quiet in the restaurant not to mention other parts of the hotel including the pool area is unlikely to suit them and is more likely to serve as an open invitation to act up!! I speak from experience - my two are 7 and 9 and although well mannered and know how to conduct themselves appropriately in a restaurant, I'd still think twice before bringing them to this very quiet & serene hotel!
For a family holiday perhaps there are wiser, less formal choices of hotel on the island. In my opinion this hotel is better suited to couples or families with older children.
The location is stunning, the sunsets breathtaking and the ambiance is quiet, soothing and calm. A thoroughly lovely spot to go to relax, unwind and allow yourself to be spoilt and a wonderful place to spend a dreamy, romantic break with someone special.
Don't miss the Afternoon Tea on the terrace...
Overall, I would strongly recommend this hotel, it's worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Jersey's finest luxury hotels which combines breathtaking ocean views with a Michelin-starred restaurant, The Atlantic is situated on one of the most stunning sites in the Channel Islands. As one of the top hotels in the British Isles and a proud member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, the combination of timeless elegance and secluded location makes The Atlantic the perfect hideaway on an island rich in heritage and natural beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Escapio, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Atlantic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Hotel St Brelade
- Atlantic Hotel Jersey
- Atlantic St Brelade
- The Atlantic Hotel Jersey/St. Brelade