“Number 1 hotel on Jersey” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4 for 3 Autumn Offer
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in St. Brelade
London, United Kingdom
“Number 1 hotel on Jersey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a four night stay at the magnificent Atlantic Hotel.
On arrival we were met at the car by the concierge and our bags were taken from us and onto our room
Check-in was quickly done and we were shown to our sea view room by the young lady from reception. There was a half bottle of champagne waiting for us, compliments of the hotel as is was our 30th wedding anniversary.
Our bedroom was immaculate with everything we wanted. Spotless bathroom with quality Molton and Brown creams and shampoo.
Looking around the hotel showed that the quality was consistent throughout.
As we have friends on the island we only had one evening meal in the Ocean restaurant. We went for the tasting menu which was a delight. The restaurant staff, both at the evening meal and breakfast are a credit to the hotel. They are all knowledgeable and efficient. In fact all staff members from the front of house to housekeeping are what make this hotel special. I know that the owner of the Atlantic, Patrick Burke, reads the comments left on this site and would like him to know that he has a very special team at the hotel.
Returning to our bedroom late at night we found that any toiletries that had been used, had been replaced, towels put away, bed sheet folded back and bottled water put on the bedside cabinets.
Check out was just as quick as when we arrived and once again the bags were put into the car by the ever efficient concierge.
For those of you who are still undecided which hotel to stay at on Jersey, all I can say is give the Atlantic a try you most defiantly will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms whilst slightly more expensive are worth it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Patrick B, Owner at The Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed celebrating your 30th wedding anniversary in Jersey. We are very proud of our team and I will take great pleasure in passing on your comments concerning the high level of service and attention to detail at The Atlantic.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

My second business/leisure stay at this beautiful hotel. My room was spacious and had all the amenities you would expect from a luxury hotel and I don't think I have slept in a more comfortable bed. The view across the bay was simply stunning. The food and service in both the lobby and the Michelin star restaurant were exceptional and all the staff were charming and helpful.

Room Tip: I would always go for a sea view room when possible they face west and offer beautiful sunsets over...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
lancashire,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

It was love at first bite.............

This place has a soothing ambiance of good taste.

From the minute you arrive the atmosphere is one of  relaxed calm. The staff are attentive without intrusion and the food is divine.

If anyone had told me that I would eat tapioca with coconut I would never have believed it, I hate coconut and detest tapioca but i think this chef can fuse any ingredient together with a successful outcome. To eat here you need to be as adventurous as the man himself.

Unfortunately we only had a weekend break but would have loved to stay longer. The first day we took a trek on St Ouens beach which is a short walk from the hotel, it was beautiful, fresh and quiet.

We didn't hire a car so on the next day we took a left from the hotel drive and about fifteen minute walk (on the right) took us to a tree lined flat foot path which led us to the Corbière lighthouse, a slow walk it's about thirty five minutes but well worth the view. There is a bus stop near the hotel overlooking the lighthouse and this is the blue route bus to liberty station (St Helier) which is the bus hub to the rest of the island. There are four coloured routes which take you to all the local attractions and you can get a day pass for all busses for £6.50. On the way to liberty station we got off for a coffee at St Brelades bay which is well worth a visit. If you pick up the red route from liberty station it's a short bus ride to the war museum which is very interesting well presented and about £11 each for entry.

Back to liberty station and there is a le petit train which takes you around St. Helier we would have liked a trip but sadly we were out of time. The ( 12a ) bus from liberty takes you back to La Pulente and back to the hotel for more sampling of Mr Jordan's fantastic creations.

Sunday morning swim in a beautiful quiet clean pool and then back on the plane with thoughts of when to return.

Room Tip: Oceon view top floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

An excellent hotel in every way, highly recomended.

Room Tip: The Executive Suite is excellent, mid summer may need AC!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hartley Wintney, Hook, Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

It is like going home. We were on our sixth visit last week. We love every aspect of the location, hotel and professional staff. The food in the Ocean restaurant is of the highest standard and the staff are, as a previous reviewer said, charismatic, exceptionally helpful and kind. We miss the hotel when we leave and cannot wait to return. My husband is unwell at the moment and we are unable to book any further holidays but when we can return we will not hesitate to book again. We understand that when the hotel was first developed in the 70's, it was said that it would fail. How wrong they were. What a success story - other hotels around the world should take note of its style and success. Every guest is made to feel special and nothing is too much trouble. Christine & Brian Toms, Hartley Wintney, Hampshire, UK

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Having had family come from Jersey I know the island very well and not having a home to stay in any more we first stayed at the Atlantic 13 years ago as it is in my favourite location overlooking St. Ouens Bay.
We have visited many times since and it is my favourite place on earth!
The hotel is small and intimate. The staff get to know you immediately and soon build a rapport with you and nothing is too much trouble.
The rooms, while not large by any stretch , are lovely and comfortable and have either sea view, golf course view or suites looking onto the beautiful gardens.
We have always been lucky and had superb weather and on our last visit we sunbathed by the pool all of our stay. There is also a lovely indoor pool which we used when our children were little.
The restaurant is amazing. We ate 3 nights in a row and ate different each night and everything was a culinary delight. More than deserving of its michelin star.
The beaches in Jersey are fantastic, even if the water is really cold, well I remember from being a little girl how long it took me to get in the sea, now I leave it to my waterskiing daughter!
Watersports and island activities are organised by the concierge who has a good knowledge of the island.
Theres lots to see in Jersey so the hire car is a must!!
We will be back again and again to the Atlantic as the flight is quick and easy , weather is great and the Atlantic is heaven on earth!!

Room Tip: sea view rooms are lovely but all rooms are great
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This really is a beautiful hotel. The service is amazing, and staff remember you from the moment you step into the lobby. I had a lovely ocean view room. My only complaint would have been that the bed had sheets rather than a duvet but actually I slept really well. My room was huge and included a seating area which was handy for one night when I wanted to order supper from room service (which was way above the standard of most room service food). I enjoyed using the pool, small as it was. My favourite thing about my visit, however, was that although I was travelling alone, noone treated me any differently; I have often found this to be the case. I will definitely be back, next time I need to escape from everything!

Room Tip: The ocean view is amazing.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Biarritz Hotel
Biarritz Hotel
#2 of 11 in St. Brelade
5.0 of 5 stars 350 reviews

Been to The Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!