“Excellent - As Always” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in St. Brelade
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent - As Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I made a mistake when booking and ended up with a car park view instead of a sea view with balcony.
Being warm overnight I left the window open only to be woken up by traffic noise and the sound of breaking glass at 07:00.
I asked if I could be moved and the assistant manager appoligsed for the noise of the breaking glass and moved me to a sea view room with balcony.
The weather was nice and sitting on the balcony and watching the sea come up was great.
The breakfast was excellent as was the food at lunch time on the terrace.
This hotel is a perfect place for a holiday or staying for business.

Room Tip: Book a sea view room with balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Peter F, Manager at L'Horizon Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Mr Rick Goold

Thank you very much for you reviews on trip advisor.
I am delighted we corrected the issue for you.
As I said when we discussed the problem we have since contacted the company who collect the glass and spoke to them about it, as they normally do not collect it until after 9am
I am delighted you enjoyed our breakfast buffet.
The head chef has put a lot of time into the buffet to make sure we offer the company standards and the best variety of breakfast selection on the island.
We believe we have the best location, being only 5 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from St Helier, both business and leisure guests can still enjoy the hustle and bustle of St Helier and then relax and enjoy the views of the bay.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Peter Fergus
Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

It was our first time to get to L'Horizon and I am sure we will be back! The staff was always friendly and helpful from the reception, to room service, restaurant and spa. Arriving early we were fully prepared to only get our room after lunch - but we got it early in the morning so we could change and head out to the gorgeous turquoise waters right in front of The Grill restaurant terrace.
Thank you for having us and we are sure that we will be back!

Room Tip: Third floor ocean view rooms are great - waking up with the waves is perfect!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Christian H

Thank you very much for your review.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your first experience here at L'Horizon beach hotel and Spa.
We have passed on your kind comments to all the team.
During the summer we do have quite a lot of early arrivals and we do try to get the rooms ready as soon as possible for all our guests and in your case we were able to do so, our advertised checkin time is 1400.
The location is second to none and hotel sits right in the middle of the bay and enjoys possibly the best view of the island.
Thank you once again for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Peter Fergus.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Myself and a friend had lunch on the terrace this afternoon... Really nice on a sunny day as it's overlooking St Brelades Bay.
I was impressed by the variety of choice on the menu and the food itself was lovely.
The service was good, can't complain... So would say it is worth a visit, especially on a sunny day!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ellen H

Thank you very much for your review.
We are delighted you enjoyed your lunch on the terrace.
We have passed on your kind comments to all the team.
The terrace has possibly the best view on the island and matched with good food and wine we believe it is the best place to be on a sunny day.
We can also recommend our famous afternoon tea as a great way to soak up the sun on the terrace and enjoy the afternoon.

Once again thank you for your kind comments.

Peter Fergus
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Location: This was our first trip to Jersey and we know for sure that we'll go again. Not only is the hotel in a superb location - right on the beach! - but the surrounding area is stunningly beautiful. It's clean - not one bit of litter in sight - the locals are friendly and welcoming, you can walk for miles upon miles. It's quiet, it's serene, it's perfect. Visit the Lavender Garden, the nearby bays, Smugglers Inn - just a stroll up the beach, Portlet Inn, catch one of the inexpensive buses around the area, the Crab Shack serves lovely food.

Service: What a team! The hotel staff are absolute gems, everyone is happy and helpful. From start to finish we were looked after...and it was all done with a genuine smile...not a pompous tone or artificial smile in sight!

Quality: This hotel doesn't disappoint. Excellent facilities (beach front location, 3 areas to dine, excellent choice for breakfast, fantastic spa), very good standard of decor, the room - clean, well decorated and well stocked. Their fish dishes are of a very good standard and you'll be hard pressed to find a better venue within the area. We generally use our hotels as a base and then like to dine out to try different places but we found ourselves mainly going back to the hotel because of choice, location and quality.

Value for money: Whilst it's not the cheapest, the extra cost is worth it. Even if you're not staying at the hotel, I would recommend making a reservation and eating there. Be warned, reservations are a must - even for residents - they fill up fast!

Weather: June was lovely - sunny and warm, sea water a bit chilly though - too cold to swim.

Ambience: Smart casual - weighing on the smart rather than the casual but still lovely and relaxed.

Must Try: Jersey Butter, Jersey Royals, Mussels!

Regrets: we didn't have time to hire a kayak, hire a bicycle or visit the German tunnels...there's always next time!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Visited the spa with a friend, used the spa facilities and had 'elevenses' (at 2pm in the afternoon - we'd been 'afternoon tea'd out!) and it was all just lovely. Good relaxing area with fresh coffee available all morning and warm croissants. When we visited the treatment rooms were being refurbished (I think they're done now) but that didn't spoil: good back massage and my friend loved her deep cleanse and wrap. The pool facilities are well done and include sauna and steam(though the hot tub was my favourite).
The food (elevenses) was stunning and we both agreed the mushroom volouvaunt(sp) was the best!
I also have some allergies but the servers and chef were patient and helpful.
Highly recommend :-)

• Stayed May 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

After having been to St Brelades a few weeks ago I had to return as I found it such a nice area. This time round I came to stay here and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Feeling a bit apprehensive as I travelled on my own I needn't have worried, from being dropped off at the door was greeted by a polite porter, after booking in I was escorted to my room.
From my booking in to leaving I was thoroughly looked after, the lovely lady in the Spa chatted to me for a while and I was made to feel at home there, that was a lovely relaxing experience with a great location looking out over the bay.
My room service was great nothing was too much trouble and I found the staff very nice and worked hard to keep all the rooms to a very good standard.
The breakfast was a nice experience also in the lovely Crystal Room, again I found the staff very nice and I got chatting to some about my planned excursions.
Everything to me was wonderful, and thank you everbody who works there for a lovely relaxing experience, a pity it had to end.

Room Tip: I would imagine a sea facing room would be wonderful also.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Maldon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Having been to this hotel before. I was amazed how this hotel can alter over two nights.the first night great. And then it went down hill. My alarm call booked for the following day wss executed on the day I did not want it. There was a wedijnv which we were not advised of when booking or checking in. The staff were disorganised and could not be bothered with normal guest. And to top it the alarm call for the Monday was cancelled. My advise us avoid this hotel at all costs when there is a wedding on. The manager who I complained to was not bothered and just going the motion

• Stayed June 2014

Been to L'Horizon Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!