“Great visit” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
“Great visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was staying here on business.

The hotel seems to have a great name in the local area and when I said to people where I was staying they commented on how nice it is.

Reception was welcoming and efficient however sadly I was stuck with a view of a wall rather than the beautiful water - but these things happen! The room itself was very small but perfectly nice with a lovely comfy bed and good size TV. However the bathroom had some mouldy and marked grout between the tiles and just needed a bit more attention to detail.

We ate breakfast in the hotel for 2 days and it was superb and great quality.

Wifi was free but cut out from time to time during my stay - no big deal.

Finally I would say the hotel in places is looking really tired - the carpets are very worn (despite a sign apologising for this and saying a new one has been ordered). Also out the back the white exterior is very shabby with rust marks all over it, it really just needs some TLC. I guess with lots of sea water being battered off the nearby walls the rust happens easily.

Overall this is a lovely hotel in a beautiful location with excellent staff.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Devizes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We booked an overnight stay in preparation for our Wedding and could not have been more reassured that we have made the right choice. The staff were all warm, welcoming and attentive. The food was delicious, from breakfast to afternoon tea, and we were very well looked after by both the Waitress and the Head Chef for our superb evening tasting. We were upgraded to an extremely comfortable deluxe sea view room giving us a beautiful outlook over the bay.

We are regular visitors to Jersey and have stayed in many hotels, some have better bars, some have better spas, but you can't beat the location or the staff at L'Horizon making it our overall winner.

We can not wait until we go back!

Room Tip: We loved our deluxe room but also saw a classic which looked just as comfortable and well equipped...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Just back from another business trip and chose L'Horizon once more. I love it here and can't really fault it.
Last time I stayed, I mentioned that single travellers were often seated too close to couples at breakfast and another reviewer agreed. This was obviously acted upon, as I was seated at a nice, quiet table this time, which was perfect. Thank you for taking note!
The next morning I had breakfast in my room and this was perfect, too.
Wouldn't stay anywhere else if the budget allows! I love it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Just returned from a 3 night break at this Hotel. My husband emailed ahead to request a sea view room if poss as it was a birthday treat. On arrival we were quickly checked in and headed to our room (276) A beautiful room over looking St.Brelades Bay also a bottle of red wine & a birthday card! Thank you very much! Rooms were excellent tea, coffee, fresh milk, comfy bed & pillows, hairdryer, bathrobes etc etc! We used the pool but not the gym, it's just been refurbed and looked good. Breakfast couldn't be better, everything you could wish for! Had a drink or 2! In the bar and enjoyed the 'piano lady' All in all a great break. Thank you!

Room Tip: Seaview if possible, a lovely view to wake upto.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Spent a long weekend here, visiting family. Hotel is in a perfect location, directly on the beach of a beautiful bay. The staff were outstanding; they were friendly, helpful and courteous. I have never slept in a more comfortable bed. Ever. Like sleeping on a cloud. Breakfast, which was included, was excellent. Beautiful swimming pool and spa facilities. All round, a very good experience. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I was sorry I hadn't booked a room with a sea view. The rooms on the ground floor looked lovely.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed 3 nights 17th - 20th March.
Hotel is easy to find and has plenty of parking. Hotel is very nice inside and all modern. Staff are all very friendly and helpful. None at all were ignorant or looked fed up.
My room was a sea view balcony room which was very modern and clean bar a slightly dusty area on the headboard. Other than that it was spotless.
The tv was large and had plently of channels including sky sports and there was also a dvd player. Hotel wi-fi was fine and there were plently of coffee / tea and hot chocolate etc.
There was also a fridge in the room with plenty of milk and water inside.
The bed was very very soft and comfy and good pillows.
I was on a DBB rate and found the food on all 3 nights to be of good quality. The breakfasts were also good. The charge for evening meals was £30 for a 3 course which is not too bad.
Drinks were average hotel price.
Room tray charge was £3 which is not too steep.
Overall I found the hotel to exceed my expectations and although slightly more expensive than those I usually use I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ilkley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

What a nice hotel this is.

The reception staff were warm and welcoming on arrival and indeed throughout our three night stay could not have been more helpful.

Our room had a balcony offering a sea view - see pic below for the view. What a glorious stretch of golden sand to walk on. This would be a great place to bring children.

We only had breakfast and an evening meal in the hotel once during our stay. No complaints at all with the food - breakfast is not for the faint hearted if you have the full English!!

It was so good weare planning to return later in the year

Room Tip: Take a room with a seaview
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to L'Horizon Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!