“If you love seafood!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in St. Brelade
Cuisines: English, Eclectic
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is a bus stop on the roof! Blue Route Island Explorer Route 12
Description: Passionate about the use of local produce, the Oyster Box showcases the best seafood including Jersey lobster and fruits de mer, but also offers a wide selection of other dishes such as steaks, beef burgers and locally caught line fish battered and served with chips, catering for every taste and culinary palette. The Oyster Box takes pride in what it means to be Jersey, and the menu reflects this. By using local produce wherever possible, a genuine effort is made to serve you a meal that is as local as possible, to the highest quality and to the very best value. The ultimate aim of the Oyster Box is to present culinary excellence combined with breathtaking surroundings enjoyed inside or outside on the sea-view terrace, to create a true casual Jersey experience
Dartford, United Kingdom
“If you love seafood!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

then you will love the Oyster Box. Went there with my wife to celebrate my 60th birthday and we were treated to the most wonderful scallops with an artichoke puree, a lobster thermindor and a raspberry souffle. A bottle a crisp chablis topped it off nicely.

Returned six days later - we had to have the scallops again and my wife had skate and I had brill (as recommended by the waitress). Too full for a dessert so have cheese and biscuits. Another wonderful visit. Look forward to when I return to Jersey again will definitely be eating at the Oyster Box.

• Polish first
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“Wonder box”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had an amazing Friday night dinner in Oyster Box. The food was very fresh and tasty and service polite and not intrusive. Very good wine selection and of course the views to die for. I would recommend this Restaurant to anyone visiting Jersey. Many thanks to the Oyster Box Team for the lovely evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely Saturday night supper.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I took my partner there last week for his birthday. It was a Saturday night and the place was heaving so we had to sit outside to have pre-dinner drinks and although the weather was a bit grim we were sat under a patio heater.....which didn't work! No matter cos I'm a lady of a certain age and suffer my own tropical moments!
We had to ask for a waiter to take our orders which I was a bit annoyed about, particularly as they make a big thing about getting there on time but it was nearly an hour after we'd arrived and half an hour after our reserved time before we finally sat down at our table. It was worth the wait however, we both had the picked chancre crab with Jersey Royals and the potatoes were the best that I've ever had in a local restaurant, dripping with butter and full of flavour. Next time, however, I would pick the 'less' rather than the 'more' option as the portion was very big! Didn't stop us squeezing a pudding in though! The waiting staff were very attentive and kept our glasses well topped up.
Just wish that the weather would pick up so that we can go again and eat on the terrace........

Visited June 2013
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Not la petite maison .... But decent solid bistro venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Fathers day lunch ..... Packed fully table with decent view of toilet , tables pretty compact and staffing that is learning but not set with perfection ..... However , fantastic view of bay , wonderful Pinot noir red and as ever consistency in delivery and content .... Perfection comes from defined table ownership ..... And a little more relaxed approach and hearing client needs .... Boss not visible that day but always above par though a tough day to keep everyone happy .... Well done

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sutton, United Kingdom
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

An amazing experience and a wonderful meal.

We were warmly greeted and although we arrived a little early, our table was ready, as was the champagne we had pre-ordered.

The service was excellent, everyone that served us was warm and friendly, we were never left wanting for anything, yet the service was not intrusive.

We both opted for lobster with jersey royals, which was excellent. My soufflé for dessert was slightly disappointing but that is a personal opinion.

After dining, we sat at the bar whilst waiting for our taxi and again, the service we received was warm, friendly and informative.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was lovely, it is warm and inviting, low lights with candles giving it a great ambience. I could hear comments from other diners, all of them praising the food and generally sounding delighted with their experience.

I would highly recommend this restaurant and if I come back to Jersey again, then I would definitely dine at the Oyster Box again.