“Lovely place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in St. Aubin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This place was lovely. Lovely views out towards the sea. The decor is great. Staff are very friendly. Food was great. I had the childs portion size of bbq ribs with chips coleslaw and salad. And I must say it was more than enough. Huge portion. The only thing I didnt like was I think theres too much bbq sauce on the ribs. Its quite thick. But each to your own. Everyone else may love it but sadly not me. I had the ice cream for afters which was full on flavour, stunning. Great prices too. Very cheap with high quality food. If you live or are visiting the island this place is a must go.

essex
“Good pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Central location overlooking harbour serving down to earth good pub grub at very good value including wine.

Visited June 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Things must have changed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

If like me, the first reviews of any venue you read are the negative ones (sorry, but that's just the way of these internet review sites!), I can only say that things must have changed considerably since the date of last negative review in 2013.
We visited this bar/restaurant for lunch during a morning visit to St Aubin, and took advantage of their two course lunch offer for a mere £8.50 if memory serves. We went for the starter/main rather than main/desert option.
The service was fast and friendly and the food was delicious. For starters my partner had prawn cocktail and I had chicken satay. Both were fairly substantial portions and we wondered if we would have room for the main course. We need not have worried. We both ordered fish'n'chips, and it would not have mattered if the helping was mountainous (it wasn't - it was just right) we would have eaten it all, as it was all very nice.
Finally, at less than a tenner each, this was easily the best value lunch we had during our stay.
If we are ever in St Aubin again ,we would definitely return!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Brelade, United Kingdom
“Food with a view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Recently they've taken away half the bar to make more room for table space for diners because it is more predominately a food establishment these days, but if you still just want to pop in just for a drink there's still plenty of room to do so plus they do have a lovely beer garden and a seating area out front of the pub which has lovely views of St. Aubin's Harbour. They serve traditional pub food which is good valve for money plus they have 'specials' which change every day and i've always found the staff most friendly and helpful. So if you're ever visiting the very picturesque St. Aubin's Village i do recommend you do pay The Tenby a visit.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fife
“So good we went twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Called in for lunch, although it was very busy we found a table in the outdoor area. Our order was taken by a very pleasant person. The food came very shortly, a Ploughmans for my Partner and Chicken and Mushroom Pie for myself. Only one word can describe the food, excellent.
I can also recommend the Tenby Trawler Ale.

Went back later on in the week and was not disappointed. If ever in Jersey again would not miss.

Visited June 2014