“Great I-40 Business Traveler Stopover” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Linden
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great I-40 Business Traveler Stopover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

I travel quite a bit in business across rural west Tennessee and there little in the way of hotels between Nashville and Memphis other than Jackson. Usually I try to stay at brand name hotels but the one exception is the Commodore Hotel which is about 25 minutes south of I-40 on Route 13 if you exit just east of the TN River at Hurricane Mills. While the ideal location for business travelers is a spot right on the interstate, I have found the short jaunt to certain off-the-interstate towns well rewarded.

I first ventured into Linden last fall and got to stay at the Commodore Hotel and eat at its cafe/restaurant. The staff was great and the owners went out of their way to meet any of my needs. The hotel has WiFi as well. It is also handy because Linden is about an hour from west Nashville rather than 2 hours from Jackson. This makes morning meetings in Nashville a little simpler to hit. For those paying their own expenses, the cost of a room at the Commodore is about half of a brand name hotel in Jackson. The rooms are very spacious, clean, and best of all, its quiet because there is no interstate drone.

If you are in the tourist mood, Linden is a cute little main street town with an art district and a few interesting shops. The 25 minutes to and from the Interstate is very scenic and for me as a business traveler, the ride was a great break from the interstate monotony. Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Jackson, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

My husband, two teenagers and I were taking a canoe trip down the Buffalo River. We wanted to stay close to the canoe rental place so that we could get up early the next morning and take on down the river. My husband found this hotel on Google Earth. The Commodore Hotel is 10 minutes from canoe rental place that we were using. Being that I was quoted $59.00 for a Tuesday night stay made me a little skeptical because it was so cheap but if you don't try, how would you know?? What a Great Find!!

The hotel has been recently renovated and is as charming as they come. The front desk girl, Jessica was very sweet and accommodating as my husband asked her a thousand questions about the river and such. When I booked the reservation with Kathy, she told me that if we were going to check in after 9 pm, the front door would be locked and gave me the code to put in and that our key would be sitting on the front desk. Don't you just LOVE small towns!!

The hotel is very clean and modern. The only complaint I have is in the particular room we had, the mattresses were pretty hard - but I guess some people like them like that. The rooms that were not booked were left open so that you could see how each room looked. It appeared that each room was different. I did notice more "plush" mattresses in some of the other rooms and next time we stay there, I will ask for a plusher mattress.

The next morning at 7 am, we went next door to the cafe that the hotel has and had breakfast. It was very good and the price couldn't be beat. The menu for lunch and dinner looked great also. The owner told my husband that on some weekends, they have live entertainment during dinner and you can bring your bottle of wine.

Please check out their website at: www.commodorehotellinden.com and plan to spend a night or more at this fine hotel. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Philadelphia, MS 39350
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

I actually didn't stay in this hotel; stayed overnite in Hurricane Mills but wish I had. Was given a tour by the friendly staff. The room decor of this renovated hotel was beautiful; hospitality by staff was superb; restaurant menu was upscale with comparable pricing for the area. Located close to the court house and downtown area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in this beautiful town and enjoy the scenic area associated with your stay. Hotel pricing was also comparable to other hotels in the area.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Commodore Hotel Linden? Share your experiences!