“Brilliant Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed four nights at the Beachcombers Hotel on Jersey and could not have asked for better service from Anna, Maria, Kevu and all the staff. They were all very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them The food for breakfast and evening meal was excellent. My husband is Coeliac (gluten free) and the care of his diet from the chef and restaurant staff was brilliant. The bedroom was bright and airy, and the bed was really comfortable The bathroom and towels were spotlessly clean.
We would stay the Beachcombers Hotel again and have no hesitation in recommending it

Room Tip: Room overlooking pool
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here at the weekend on a Quids In deal - once again - it was lovely - the food was excellent, the room was very spacious and clean - pity about the weather was so looking forward to lying by the pool - but overall it was very good

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights, on first impressions the room appeared clean and tidy. However... they never changed the bed sheets like they were supposed to, they simply turned the covers over so it appeared clean, despite the obvious tea stains. They gave us towels with marks over it, which was disgusting! The windows had mould marks around it, and the catch was broken so we couldn't open it. The shower barely worked.. it cut out 3 times whilst using it. We were placed next to a boiler so it was hard to sleep at night, it was so loud!
Most importantly the only reason we decided to stay there in the first place was because of the heated out side pool. On arrival we asked the receptionist if we could use it, she said no because it wasn't clean and explained it would be ready in a few days time. This was a lie, the receptionist kept saying it would be ready the next day and it never was...
There was a poor amount of parking and is situated in the middle of nowhere, only stay here if you have a very small budget and have a car/hire car!
Overall I would say I am very disappointed with this hotel, I would never, ever stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Beachcombersboutique, Manager at Beachcombers Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I appreciate the time taken to provide us your feedback because only through our guests can we address areas of concern and continuously improve services.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations during your visit. I was extremely disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet with your satisfactions and offer my sincere apologies.

Please be assured your experience has been discussed with the Plumber so that correct action has been taken to prevent such future scenarios. Regarding bedding is not our policy to change bedding everyday unless the guest request to do so and we are always happy to do it.

With regard to your complaints about the dirty towels, bedding or mould marks, we had no knowledge of these concerns at the time, had this been brought to our attention at any time we would have addressed these issues immediately.

Regarding the swimming pool, at the beginning of every season the appropriate maintenance has to be carried out for the safety and welfare of our guests. As we explained the pool was due to open in a few days by which time your stay with us had ended.

Our Hotel is situated 10 minutes from Jersey's main town of St. Helier and is walking distance to Gorey Pier and our beautiful coastline. There are three bus routes running from St. Helier to Gorey Pier, one of which stops opposite the hotel. We have found our car park to be adequate for the size of our hotel.

We look forward to having you back in the hotel and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards

Anna Bierowka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights with work.
Booked the most basic option via hotels.com so wasn't expecting much but was very impressed.

Room was clean and fresh (looked recently refurbished) food amazing and staff exceptionally polite and helpful.

Will definitely stay again and highly recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here for the weekend and couldn't have asked for anything better. For the price I paid for a double room £45 (inclusive of breakfast), I don't think I'd find much better elsewhere. We were upgraded upon arriving to a beautiful room, and the lovely receptionist was ever so welcoming (cannot remember her name).

The room was clean on arriving, spacious and had very nice decor. Nice view to the back of the hotel with a view of the garden/car park/pool/neigbouring potato fields. Staff were very informative and hospitable which was much appreciated. Breakfast the following day was spot on, served in a buffet style.

The only complaint I would have is that the doors don't feel very sturdy and you can hear people talking in the corridor. That was not an issue for me, my issue was the sighing from my partner everytime you heard someone walking past our room. All in all a very good hotel at a fantastic price for what you get and I would happily return to this hotel again should I come back to Jersey.

I haven't rated the location of the hotel, but this is only because my partner was driving and the french named country roads can be a little confusing, but fret not potential visitors, the island is only 9x6miles so you'll always end up somewhere you know!!
I have also labelled the photos as standard double, not based on the quality of the room, but the type of room, as listed on their website.

Room Tip: Corner rooms tend to be the suites. If the hotel is not too busy, you may be upgraded to this type o...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Nice and clean, stayed in room top of hotel, needs a refurbishment, old and dated, breakfast very good, friendly service. Unfortunately, did not get to have an evening meal, first night restaurant closed, second night function on, so could not use, third night, made our own arrangements. Shame as it could have been nice.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed at this hotel overnight had 3 course dinner which was beautiful and fantastic breakfast hotel is spotless throughout comfortable rooms and en suite excellent
Chiva served us from booking in and throughout dinner nothing was to much trouble for him at all made us so welcome and comfortable absolutely amazing service fabulous will definitely be going back again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Beachcombers Hotel? Share your experiences!