“Nice lady -Horrible, horrible food” 1 of 5 stars

(094) 9388408
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Knock
Bowie, Maryland
“Nice lady -Horrible, horrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Ok, so we attended a late mass and were starving afterwards, we decided to walk down the road and eat at the first place we saw. Needless to say, the only place open was Fords 4D’s and it really wasn’t open, the lights were on and there was an older couple sitting at the table eating platefuls of French fries. They apparently hollered to the owner or waitress and she came around and opened the door for us and said she would serve us. We were so appreciative as we were starved. Well, she opened the door and went straight in the back….and didn’t return until I called for her, I thought it was weird, her letting us in then walking straight back.

After a long while, I got up and looked for some menus which I found on the counter. Then I called her out front to take our order. For what seemed a very, very long time, (we were on our second soda) out came our hamburgers. The bread was dry, the lettuce was white and the hamburger patty looked like it had been taken from a box in the freezer and overcooked in the microwave twice. The only good thing was the French fries and the soda. We ate it because we were sooo hungry and nothing else around was open but it was horrible and the service was horrible as well. The lady was nice but she was clearly trying to close up so we didn’t take offence to her rushing around and disappearing.

She did call us a cab and waited with us out front for it to arrive. We thought she was nice to have done that and hoped it wasn’t her that owned the place or cooked the food, if it was, we were very sorry for her, if not, we thought she should look for another job.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

knock, co Mayo Ireland
“poor service - cold food-dirty tableware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

After visiting the Shrine today we decided to find a place to eat. We went to the 4D's at the end of the row of shops because it looked good and even had a special for 7.80, Well, we waited 10 min for someone to wait on us. never received silverware nor our drinks nor our soup for another 20 min and only after we asked for our drinks (soda, tea, and water.) When our dinners finally came out 5 min later, the chips were hot but that was about all. My husbands vegs were cold, my son's burger was borderline cold, and my ham/Turkey was also borderline cold. The glassses they gave us to pour our soda & water into were hazy like they were dirty and they smelled terrible as well. I drank my soda out of the can!! (so why did we have to wait so long for a can of soda??) My son poured his water into one of the cups on the table after inspecting them first as on of the cups were dirty inside as well. Never will we go back to 4D's. Wish we had read the reviews first!!

wicklow
“4Ds Restaurant Knock Co Mayo”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

We were down in Knock for the May 1st masses in Knock and had a lovely day. We then decided to get something to eat and headed for the 4Ds restaurant at the end of the mainstreet near the roundabout. Well never in my life have I experienced such a disgusting filthy environment. I brought my son and niece to the toilet. There was one ladies toilet and one mens. When I went down to the ladies a man was in the ladies toilet with the door open peeing all over the seat and floor. To my horror I went to tell one of the staff who just laughed and went about her business. We then went on to order food. We decided to go for the mini breakfast. Well what we got was burned bacon covered in greece and the sausages were full of greece and reheated. My sister handed back her meal and explained that she couldn't eat it and the waitress said that it was ok and stormed off. I ordered the same meal and was in the loo for the night with cramps and pains in my stomach. My sister then ordered a muffin and this was wrapped in plastic and was clearly out of date. Flies were dancing on the sugar bowls and when we said this to the girl we were told it didnt matter. The milk jugs were filthy and the tables were being cleaned with a dirty cloth. Never in my life have I experienced such a digusting place to eat. Surely in this day and age there should be regulations. The lady who manages the restaurant was aggressive in her dealings with us and to be honest it ruined such a beautiful day. Never, never would I enter this place again. I would strongly reccommend not going here as you may end up as sick as I was, it was dreadful.