“Warm and Accomodating” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Limerick Road, Newcastle West, Ireland   |
Anchorage, Alaska
“Warm and Accomodating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We missed Eileen but she was wonderful even by email. But her asst Josie was extremely warm and Accomodating. Rooms are small and Beth's even smaller. But clean and warm. Breakfast and fresh baked goods where terrific. A bit hard to find if you are driving. Facility is 2 stars but staff is a 4.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear William,

Thank you so very much for your comments.

Yes it was a pity I didn't meet you but my 86 year old mother had to be attended to and I knew I left you in capable hands. Mother is fine again and will be off to Germany next week. She is going over to my brother.

As regards the size of the bedrooms in the house, the house in 100 years old and believe me when I say that they are really large for their time. Most bedrooms from that period, would only have a bed in it and not much else. If you didn't have much clothes, then why would you have a wardrobe? But by todays standards, they are average size but maybe some people are confusing my Country Home with a Manor. The Manor would have room to have a suite of furniture in the bedroom.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Ireland.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Eileen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I recently stayed in this b&b it was lovely, really cute place, owner was so friendly and food was lovely... she even gave us a choice of duck eggs for breakfast!!! it was perfect for our stay and would recommend it!

Room Tip: I got a nice twin room with a cute vanity mirror that lights up when you walk over to it!!!!! :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bam,

Yes. You were impressed with the sink mirror.
I like it too but as soon as I had it installed I wondered who would fix it if it broke!!!

Thank you for the lovely comments.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Dublin.

Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

My three traveling companions and I stayed at the Orchard en route from Westport to Killarney. We had previously stayed in hostels in the city so the B & B experience was a refreshing change. Eileen is a lovely hostess - greeting us with fresh tea and delicious Guinness bread and a warm smile. We arrived late without having eaten dinner and she immediately called the pub down the road to keep the kitchen open for us. Throughout our stay Eileen was extremely accommadating and we enjoyed chatting with her. The rooms are clean and tidy and were perfect for us. Overall, Eileen is a fantastic hostess and runs a lovely B and B that I would highly recommend to any folks passing through!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Patrick,

I love young people staying especially when they have stayed at hostels before coming to me.
I think I converted you to Bed and Breakfasts!!!!!
Yes. Foley's Pub is fantastic. They have always taken such good care of my customers. Their food is great and reasonable too.

Thank you for your kind comments and I hope if you are back this way again in the future, you will be most welcome.

Best regards,

Nevada City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Eileen is a wonderful hostess offering freshly baked Guiness cake upon my arrival and homemade bread as a part of her excellent breakfast offerings. The rooms are large, tastefully decorated and spotless. On top of that Eileen insisted on driving me to the place in town where I needed to catch the bus for the next leg of my journey. My stay at The Orchard was a wonderful experience in every way!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mark,

Thank you so very much for the lovely comments.
When I saw you at the door, having walked from the bus stop with your luggage, I felt so bad.
I always pick up my customers as carrying luggage is a pest.
It was no problem dropping you down next morning too.
I heard from the "grape-vine" that your play was wonderful. I have my sources!
Take care.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Eileen was able to accommodate us at very short notice, and we were very pleased to share her delightful Guiness cake with her late at night. Breakfast was also very tasty, and we enjoyed her home cooking.

The rooms were a little poky, and furnishings and bedding a bit outdated. Our bathroom was tiny, with just a toilet and tiny shower cubicle, and the wash basin was located in the bedroom. There wasn't much room for our suitcases, but it was a comfortable bed and it served the purpose.

All in all, we stayed in 5 Bed and Breakfasts in Ireland, and although The Orchard wasn't our favourite, we were still very grateful for the bed late at night, and the efforts that Eileen went to ensure we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Debbie,
Thank you so very much for your lovely comments.
You got exactly what I do and what I am all about.
I use up most of my energy in taking care of my customers.

But my home is a typical 100 year old country house.
Nearly all of these are of the same design.

The walls between the bedrooms are solid and I made the decision when I put in the showers and toilets, not to change the interior structure of the house. This meant that because of the position of the window in the room, the ensuite had to go in the corner and I decided to put the hand basin outside it. Many poeple like it but then some don't. That is ok too.
As regards the bedding, I bought very good quality coloured sheets just a few years ago and low and behold, fashions changed and now everything is white. I am left with these American sheets and there they will stay. I suppose they look odd! But the quality is excellent.

You were very welcome late at night, even without a booking. Even if I were full, I have never left a person down and always found accommodation for them. That is all part of the service.
Thank you for your comments and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Ireland.
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Eileen's cakes were the most welcoming introduction to our stay.
An all round relaxing atmosphere with typical farm house ambience and some excellent food - that breakfast lasted us all day - thank you

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Yorkshire Dangerous,
Thank you for your lovely comments.
Glad you enjoyed the Guinness Cake.
One thing I really like is for someone to eat a big breakfast.
I hate waste!
Thank you.
Malone, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Orchard. Eileen was a great hostess and even shared her home made breads and jellies. She is a great cook. The B&B was clean and comfortable. I would definately recommend this B&B to anyone traveling in the area. It was like staying with family...but better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Debbie,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is great to get such a warm recommendation from you.
Thank you so very much.
Eileen

Been to The Orchard? Share your experiences!