Arrived at this lovely building and grounds with pleasant views. Checked in and we had a room on the top floor, it was a good size, comfortable and clean. Although, the room felt a little dated in its decor, and the arm chairs (which were comfortable) were a little tired. We thought the room lacked both natural light (with only one small window and a skylight) and even artificial light; the ceiling had a single lamp which only illuminated the centre of the room - the bathroom was like daylight in comparison!
The only real flaw with the en-suite room was the over-bath shower, as although it would get the job done, it was a little like being hosed down with its uncontrollable water nozzle!
Having the €33 3 course evening meal was generally excellent, with delicious food and reasonable service. Unfortunately the atmosphere, I.e. the sheer silence of the room was like sitting in a monastery where you dared not to talk. So much so, when the lovely waitress spoke it was a fright!!
Breakfast was pleasant, and inclusive in our room price, but not sure we'd pay for it if it wasn't included. Everything was good with the breakfast, better than average, just not wowed.
Overall, really liked the place with it main areas beautifully decorated and full of character and would come back as you could comfortably stay there for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1883 for Captain Robert Halpin, Tinakilly is a beautiful Country House Hotel with 51 bedrooms set on 7 acres of mature landscaped gardens overlooking the Irish sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel And Restaurant
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant Ireland/Rathnew, County Wicklow