“Wedding Venue to Remember” 5 of 5 stars

You added Druids Glen Resort to your Saves list
Druids Glen Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Newcastle Road, Newtown Mount Kennedy, Ireland   |
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Wedding Venue to Remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This spectacular hotel is best known as a base to enjoy the resort's fantastic golf courses. They are indeed marvelous, but I can attest that it makes a fabulous setting for a traditional Irish wedding. The bedrooms are spacious and bright, the the function suits are beautiful and the staff were simply fantastic. Nothing, including providing a bow tie for me, was too much effort. It was wonderful. The friendly Irish staff and our generous, welcoming hosts made this a truly memorable experience for us all. I took 3 rooms and they were all excellent.

Forty minutes from Dublin airport this is a venue with some style an class and certainly worthy a any big occasion.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floor to the rear of the hotel, above the reception for some lovely views...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

898 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here the week before Xmas - hotel was beautifully decorated - staff everwhere are so pleasant and efficient - we had a family room which was fab - our little grandaughter had the time of her life in the pool, play room and play ground. Food in the bar was lovely and served by most attentive staff who ensured the little one was occupied with crayons etc. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed twice in December for two different occasions
The staff were superb so friendly (Edel --front desk--efficient, friendly
On arrival our rooms were ready even at 11:30am Health facilities, Spa and Restaurant each Superb
A fabulous hotel and I would without hesitation highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We spent a Saturday night at this lovely hotel - upgraded on our arrival to a suite. Very impressed with the warm welcome and polite efficiency at check-in. The hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas. We had pre-dinner drinks in the gorgeous bar - almost scandinavian in appearance, relaxing and classy at the same time. Ate in the restaurant (there were six of us) and the service was excellent - the waiters judged their attention perfectly and it made for a very memorable dining experience. The men retired to a beautiful outdoor decking area for cigars and were kept warm with patio style heaters. Breakfast the following morning was very good - excellent choice and omelettes/eggs/pancakes to order. If I had to find any little niggles, they would be the supply of tea/coffee making facilities and the quality of the live music in the bar - but these did not detract from a very lovely time at a classy hotel. Don't leave without a walk around the extensive grounds - they are stunning. I do not have any interest in golf but if I did, I am sure I would book a round at this resort.

Room Tip: Leave time to explore the grounds and also a former stately home Powerscourt nearby for the gardens...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed in an executive suite and it was excellent. The service was brilliant from the moment we checked in. All the staff were friendly and helpful at all times. I did a spa treatment which was really lovely. Overall, it was a fabulous stay and we would highly recommend.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We went as a family for my husbands birthday. Our check in was fast and efficient. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The play area was excellent for the grand children. We were told we had been upgraded, I would like to know what the original room was like. Our room was clean but basic, what I would expect from a 3 star hotel, but not 5 star by any means. Our breakfast was cold, had been sitting for some time. The toaster was broken (one) to accommodate all the guests. We had a dinner included in our package, it was small and basic, lacked imagination, no sauces and vegetables sparse. My daughter and I were very sick on the second night, we later realised we both had eaten the same choice. We spoke to different managers to find out what had happened, we feel we had food poisoning. Our telephone numbers and home address were taken and told they would be in touch as to what had happened. However that was the beginning of October, it is now the beginning of December and we have not been given any explanation. I don't think it was very good customer relations. I Would not recommend this hotel and definitely not 5star.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
guestservicesadvisor, Manager at Druids Glen Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Tyronegal,

I do apologise profusely for the lack of follow up on your complaint and can assure of the seriousness with which we take any illness during a guests stay with us. I always appreciate feedback from our guests and thank you for taking the time to share. I would welcome further feedback from you if you had time to contact me directly so that I may take corrective action.

I would like to reassure you that your experience is most certainly not typical of Druids Glen and I have taken the matter seriously. I do sincerely apologise and can assure you that we have and will continue to take the necessary steps to correct and ensure we are not faced with this situation again.

I hope to hear from you soon and also have the opportunity to welcome you back again to Druids Glen.

Yours sincerely,
Romy Kane
Director of Operations
romy.kane@druidsglenresort.com
Ennis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Beautiful modern and peaceful hotel at the foot of the Wicklow mountains. We enjoyed our stay here very much. The staff were very attentive. The food was great in the restaurant. We had a drink in the bar prior to our meal and the bar food looked great also!
The leisure centre was well equipped with a great view of the countryside. Our time there though was marred by three children who were there unsupervised. They spent an hour jumping into the pool, throwing items at each other and shouting - not very peaceful!
The grounds of the hotel are just spectacular. It is well worth walking around the perimeter of the golf course just to see the grounds. It really is breathtaking.
Overall we had a delightful stay and are looking forward to returning

Room Tip: Some rooms have been renovated, ask for one of these as they are beautiful and so comfortable
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Druids Glen Resort? Share your experiences!