Attended a family wedding at the BrookHall Brook lodge last week , and whilst wedding itself was well run and venue was great. We were extremely disappointed with the accomadation,as the rooms were booked by the Bride and Groom for family members I tried a number of times to get talking to the reservations dept to confirm that the room would be suitable for us ( we have a 6 and 2 year old) They were most unhelpful and we checked in ( you have to go to old part of hotel to do this as there is no Reception in Brook hall!!) they advised that the room would have a double single and a cot. We arrived in the room to discover no cot ( Luckily I had mine in the car just in case as they hadnt inspired confidence over the phone!) and the room was tiny!!!
This would all have been fair enough if we were stayin in a 2/3 star cheap as chips hotel but at the prices the Brook Lodge charge I was expecting something more. It was a nightmare to sleep in a room that size with four people and the bathroom wasnt much better. It all came across as a hurriedly finished room and as we were Wedding guests they obviously thought we wouldnt be seeing much of it! Pity they dont consider that every wedding guest is a future potential weekend breaker , but sorry Brook lodge you wont be seeing me again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Reasons you must visit The BrookLodge & Wells Spa:1. We are a unique hotel in a unique village that offers guests an all-in-one opportunity to experience an Ireland that blends the best of old and new. Culinary Hotel of the Year 2013, Hotel of the Year ‘09 & ’10, and Business Hotel of the Year 2012, The BrookLodge & Wells Spa features an assortment of superb accommodation from classic country house style bedrooms through to state-of-the-art mezzanine suites.2. An extraordinary organic & wild food ethos means that Macreddin Village boasts the only certified Wild & Organic restaurant in Ireland - The Strawberry Tree. Another restaurant, a village café, a dining lounge, a country pub and an organic bakery and smokehouse complete a matchless collection3. An exceptional set of leisure facilities includes a fabulous Resort Standard Spa, Macreddin Golf Course - designed by Irish Ryder Cup Hero, Paul McGinley, an equestrian centre, mapped walks and complimentary bicycles.4. Macreddin Village has a history dating back to the 5th Century, and is situated in a "Designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty", a remote Wicklow Valley, yet just an hour's drive from Dublin. Surrounded by stunning countryside, our near neighbours include the world renowned beauty spot - Glendalough Monastic Settlement and Lakes, and The Wicklow Way - Ireland's premier mountain walking trail.5. Now is the time to avail of the lowest hotel rates in Western Europe, and visit Ireland, And nowhere offers a more rewarding and distinctive Irish experience than The BrookLodge and Macreddin Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BrookLodge & Wells Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brooklodge & Wells Hotel Macreddin Village
- Brooklodge And Wells Spa
- Brooklodge Hotel
- Brooklodge Wells Macreddin Village
- BrookLodge & Wells Spa County Wicklow/Macreddin Village, Ireland