That last reviewer (from Aug. 25th) must have been to a completely different hotel than to me. I live in the UK but travel to Dublin a lot on work and sometimes bring my family and stay in the Brook Lodge. I have to say that I've stayed in one of the rooms with the balcony - I just remember it was early evening and the two of us were out on the balcony sipping champagne and looking on to the lawn. They have a few different types of rooms - they have a cool suite with an upstairs (where the bed and bath is!) and then downstairs there's a huge sitting room with a massive lcd screen. That's our treat when we don't have the kids.
If they are with us we normally book one of river mews rooms which are in their own little block across from the hotel - I think there's about 10 rooms in this. They are nice rooms, perfect with kids. They have a double and a single bed and then they put our a fold away bed (not a camp bed, much bigger and sturdier). I don't know what that person is talking about the food for kids - the restaurant is really for couples - its such a romantic room that you wouldn't want kids in there. They have a cafe beside their pub where kids can get fish and chips (which is what mine normally get!). We have been offered half portions in the restaurant - wouldn't even go there as that is our space. We have stayed there when there was a wedding on, but our room was the far side of the hotel, away from the wedding crowd. I did hear a couple when they were checking out saying something about the music, but they seemed fine about it, but the receptionist got a Manager to talk to them. I overheard him telling them that they are building thats going on the far side of the car park is a new function block for weddings and its going to have rooms and a pool for kids with no time restrictions - not like the spa. One of the best attractions for my lads are the two golden retrievers - they spend hours with them - helps pass the time until they can go into the pool. It's my hubbies birthday in October, so we've booked for the bank holiday weekend - can't wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Reasons you must visit BrookLodge Hotel & Macreddin Village: 1. We are a unique hotel in a unique village that offers guests an all-in-one opportunity to experience an Ireland that blends the best of old and new. Best Leinster Restaurant 2014, Culinary Hotel of the Year 2013, Hotel of the Year '09 & '10, and Business Hotel of the Year 2012. BrookLodge & Macreddin Village features an assortment of superb accommodation from classic country house style bedrooms through to state-of-the-art mezzanine suites.2. An extraordinary Organic & Wild food ethos means that Macreddin Village boasts the only certified Wild & Organic restaurant in Ireland - The Strawberry Tree. Another restaurant, a village cafe, a dining lounge, a country pub and an Organic bakery and smokehouse complete a matchless collection 3. An exceptional set of leisure facilities includes a fabulous Resort Spa, Macreddin Golf Course - designed by European Ryder Cup Captain, Paul McGinley, an equestrian centre, mapped walks and complimentary bicycles.4. Macreddin Village has a history dating back to the 5th Century, and is situated in a "Designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty", a remote Wicklow Valley, yet just an hour's drive from South Dublin. Surrounded by stunning countryside, our near neighbours include the world renowned beauty spot - Glendalough Monastic Settlement and Lakes, and The Wicklow Way - Ireland's premier mountain walking trail.5. Now is the time to avail of the lowest hotel rates in Western Europe, and visit Ireland, And nowhere offers a more rewarding and distinctive Irish experience than BrookLodge and Macreddin Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your BrookLodge & Macreddin Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brooklodge And Wells Spa
- Brooklodge & Wells Hotel Macreddin Village
- Brooklodge Hotel
- Brooklodge Wells Macreddin Village
- BrookLodge & Macreddin Village County Wicklow, Ireland