“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BrookLodge & Macreddin Village

You added BrookLodge & Macreddin Village to your Saves list
BrookLodge & Macreddin Village
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Macreddin Village, Near Aughrim | County Wicklow, Macreddin Village, Ireland (Formerly BrookLodge & Wells Spa)   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
meath
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed hear for our wedding anniversary last week. When we arrived at the room there was a personal card from all the staff signed wishing us a happy anniversary , a lovely personal touch.The hotel is set in a secluded area, so if your into nature walks, nice views and peace and quiet it is the place to go
Our room had a very nice view also

We went to the spa for some treatments that afternoon
I had a therapist called ludovit he was excellent at his job , I have to add that I use spas quiet a bit but this one was by far the best I felt great after it

The food is tasty and well presented we ate in the Italian restaurant as the strawberry tree restaurant wasn't open
The food is tasty and well presented
When we had finished our main course we were handed the dessert menus but to our surprise they came out with s dessert plate with 3 desserts on it to share with candles and happily anniversary wrote on it, thought this was a lovely touch
Breakfast the next day was also excellent

The one thing that I noticed through out the hotel was the staff, very friendly and full of chat they actually care about what they do

We will certainly be back and well done to the management and staff keep up the good work

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have stayed in the Brook Lodge a number of times over the years and each time I enjoy my stay. The hotel is great, and the food is fantastic. It is a great place to unwind and forget about the outside world (mobile phone coverage can be poor).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Clare, West of Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I booked two weeks in advance and I telephoned a day in advance of traveling to say we'd be checking in around 7pm Nobody thought to mention that the Spa was out of order; beauty treatments still available but no spa! If I had known in advance I would have changed my booking. The Manager who came to apologize when my spouse and I checked in said they had been phoning guests to advise that the spa was out of order but just had not got around to calling me. It had been out of order for a week - draw your own conclusions! Yes it's a beautiful setting, idyllic actually, still management cannot afford to rest their reputation on location alone. Golfing Groups or Wedding Parties may well enjoy Brooklodge; I would not recommend it to couples. Sigh!

Room Tip: Make sure to book a room in the main lodge as it's a bit of a stroll to the Annex and if it happ...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
greenisland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had another fantastic weekend in Brooklodge. Accommodation, Food, Wine and service once again second to none. Honestly can't recommend this place highly enough!
The food in the Strawberry Tree is fantastic as are the surroundings. For a less formal setting the Italian Argento is excellent as is the value for money. Will be back as soon as possible. Well done Brooklodge!

Room Tip: Is you can afford a mezzanine suite then go for it, otherwise any room is good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

What makes this hotel special is it's staff. They are so helpful and friendly. Stayed in Brooklodge for a wedding. Wasn't impressed that for the price I was paying to stay here my room wasn't ready upon arrival. We did arrive an hour before specified check-in but from my experience most hotels let you check in early.

The wedding was lovely. The reception room looked fab and was very classy. The food was so tasty. The bar prices were unbelievable-I know hotel bar prices can be high but this place definitely goes to the top of the list! It was clear that as far as the wedding went the hotel definitely ticked all the boxes. And like I said before the staff were great.

Mine and my boyfriend's room was in Brookhall and it seems the majority of the other guests were based in the main building. Our room was okay. It had everything you would expect it to have. My main worry about hotels is the cleanliness and our room didn't disappoint. It was spotless. The bathroom was a decent size and I loved the old style chain pull flush on the toilet. But for the price we paid for our one night stay and after reading other trip advisor reviews I was definitely expecting a much better room. Our room's patio doors opened out onto the one of the holes of the golf course so I was a bit nervous that people could walk striaght upto our room so I had to make sure the curtains remained closed.

Thankfully breakfast was included in the price. Service again was excellent. Quality of the food was great.

I can understand why other guests have rated this hotel quite high but from my experience the only thing I would rate high is their staff and the lovely location. Knowing that other guests were charged less due to certain facilities not being available irritated me slightly and that I thought we were getting a reduced rate due to being part of the wedding party but it seemed we paid the same as normal. But if you were planning on having a wedding here I would recommend it from what I experienced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Corkl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We ate in the Brooke lodge with our two year old twin boys and we loved it! Child friendly, great atmosphere stunning food. The staff were so nice to our toddlers and made a real effort to make us feel welcome! Colouring books, chatting to the smallies, involving the children when they came to the table! I was blown away. It was refreshing to see staff so helpful in a busy populate restaurant! And the food was fab! We will defo go back.

Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed in Brooklodge last weekend in one of their mezzanine suites. What can I say about the place. From start to finish the service, the accommodation and food was excellent. The local walks were fantastic and right on the doorstep. Went to glendalough on the Saturday which is about 25 min drive and really enjoyed the walks and scenery there. In the hotel both the Italian Resturant and the strawberry tree Resturant were of a very high standard with the strawberry tree being one of the best resturant experiences I have ever had. Def will go back

• Stayed May 2013

Been to BrookLodge & Macreddin Village? Share your experiences!