Brooklodge definitely hit the spot. Looking for a quiet night away and some R&R we were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is in the middle of no where, so don't be expecting a mad happening spot but to relax and unwind it is bang on the money.
The Strawberry Tree dinner was one of the nicest she'd had in a while, and she is fussy so that speaks volumes! Service was attentive and the food was gorgeous. Sure, you can't go wrong with a "chocolate plate"!
Hotel itself is kind of country house, without the pretentiousness and pomp, being warm and friendly instead - even the resident dogs who like an afternoon nap by reception. Room 56 certainly didn't disappoint, large and comfortable and everything you need. TV was a bit bizarre being controlled by a computer - couldn't hook up the iPOD but not sure if you were meant to anyway. Bath was seriously comfortable.
Overall, would definitely recommend and come back for another visit for a similar price when the hustle and bustle becomes too much. Thanks Brooklodge :)
- Also Known As:
- Brooklodge & Wells Hotel Macreddin Village
- Brooklodge And Wells Spa
- Brooklodge & Wells Hotel
- Brooklodge Wells Hotel
- Brooklodge Hotel
- Brooklodge Wells Macreddin Village
- BrookLodge & Wells Spa County Wicklow/Macreddin Village, Ireland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Reasons you must visit The BrookLodge & Wells Spa:1. We are a unique hotel in a unique village that offers guests an all-in-one opportunity to experience an Ireland that blends the best of old and new. Culinary Hotel of the Year 2013, Hotel of the Year ‘09 & ’10, and Business Hotel of the Year 2012, The BrookLodge & Wells Spa features an assortment of superb accommodation from classic country house style bedrooms through to state-of-the-art mezzanine suites.2. An extraordinary organic & wild food ethos means that Macreddin Village boasts the only certified Wild & Organic restaurant in Ireland - The Strawberry Tree. Another restaurant, a village café, a dining lounge, a country pub and an organic bakery and smokehouse complete a matchless collection3. An exceptional set of leisure facilities includes a fabulous Resort Standard Spa, Macreddin Golf Course - designed by Irish Ryder Cup Hero, Paul McGinley, an equestrian centre, mapped walks and complimentary bicycles.4. Macreddin Village has a history dating back to the 5th Century, and is situated in a "Designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty", a remote Wicklow Valley, yet just an hour's drive from Dublin. Surrounded by stunning countryside, our near neighbours include the world renowned beauty spot - Glendalough Monastic Settlement and Lakes, and The Wicklow Way - Ireland's premier mountain walking trail.5. Now is the time to avail of the lowest hotel rates in Western Europe, and visit Ireland, And nowhere offers a more rewarding and distinctive Irish experience than The BrookLodge and Macreddin Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your BrookLodge & Wells Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.