“Amazing hotel and spa - highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BrookLodge & Wells Spa

You added BrookLodge & Wells Spa to your Saves list
BrookLodge & Wells Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Macreddin Village, Near Aughrim | County Wicklow, Macreddin Village, Ireland   |
Offers & Announcements
One Night Winter Warmer
new york
“Amazing hotel and spa - highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I was recently visiting Ireland from New York and stayed overnight at the Brooklodge. I only stayed 1 night and wished I spent more time. Everything was amazing from the moment you drove onto the property until checkout. The hotel was beautiful. Grounds very picturesque and peaceful. The staff extremely friendly and accomodating. I had a massage in the spa and it was one of the best I have ever had. The spa has a pool, outdoor and indoor hot tub, sauna and steam room. Very relaxing. Had dinner at the Italian restuarant onsite and it was out of this world. Had the spicy meatball dish - delicious. The restaurant atmosphere was very inviting. Felt at home. The hotel breakfast was also delicious. I arrived about 10 mins after the breakfast had ended and the staff was so nice - they asked the chef to whip me up an Irish breakfast. I will definitely visit the Brooklodge again. It is 1 of my favorite places - hands down. I highly recommend visiting!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
EJDWicklow, Co-Owner at BrookLodge & Wells Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Many, many thanks for your super comments, and hopefully you will visit us again from New York. Best regards, Eoin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Booked in at 5.30pm, check out 11am . Stayed in the Hall accomodation, would have liked the main hotel initially but was then delighted with the private balcony and the place was quite. Staff wonderful, went to great lenghts to ensure we got the Spa appointments that suited, one each, a treat. Made great use of the pool, outside hot tub, visited in Feb 29th. Have to say did enjoy the meal in the Italian rest. but was overall disapointed in the quality felt it was a bit over priced for what it was. Decided not to go the the Strawberry Rest. as it was 62 Euro each. Again only a small point. We did get some free free range eggs to take home, staff wonderfull, room grand, very clean, it was only one night and a real treat, the following week I was wishing to be there again. Will be booking for another night getaway in the next few months. Loved it!

Room Tip: Dont take room 19, in the main hotel, ask first, I remember staying here about 8 years ago and it is...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your very kind review, and hopefully we will see you again shortly. Best regards, Eoin
Kildare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I Stayed here with my BF on Sunday last . It was unbelieveable.
When we arrived @ midday check in wasn't until 3pm so we had a walk around (the grounds are amazing) , some lunch and some wine (the weather happened ot be perfect too)
I love the fact they had the two trained dogs walking around it was nice and it added a sense of relaxation.

Our room was lovely we had a junior suite and the view was lovely from it.

We both had treatments in the spa the therapists were lovely girls and also very accomodating.

We had a dinner in the Italian Restaurant and although it was nice we both felt we could have eaten more. When we come back _which will be very soon_ we will go for the Strawberry Tree.

All of the staff were lovely but one guy stood out for us it was Zoltan he was so lovely and honestly this hotel is blessed to have such staff I cannot understand why this hotel is not a 5 star. All the little extra's were lovely even they way they present Scones My god they were unbelievable.

The only negative I would have was that on our last Day my Boyfriend fancied a swim and altough the adult pool is lovely is is not really designed for Length. One of the Therapists in the Spa informed me that there was a second pool which I didnt know about until it was time to go home.

Other than that everything was perfect and I cant wait to go back . I took a wedding Package with me on the way home. I wold love to get Married here :-)

Room Tip: Go for the Junior Suite
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your super review. We really appreciate it and Zoltan will be thrilled too! Best regards, Eoin
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I have stayed here five times in the past few years and each time is just as good as the first. Something about the place just makes you chill, be cost and take life as it comes. Not a polished spa but does the job. Highly recommended....as a couple, with the girls or both!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Many thanks for your kind review and for your many visits. Best regards, Eoin
dublin,ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

It had been over 6 years since we had last been to BrookLodge and I don't know why we left it so long. It really is an oasis of calm, charm and relaxation.
We booked a 2 night stay in a suite, (I would recommend to pay the little extra for a suite room it was worth it). The staff everywhere were so helpful and nothing was a problem and they were all willing to help. I had emailed for an early check in and was accommodated.
I don't understand how this hotel is not 5 star, as it has so many little extras that I feel would merit it, staff are fantastic, free news papers, free wifi, free access to the Thermal Suite, an excellent breakfast served until 12pm at the weekends, beautiful grounds I could go on and on. I had an hour long hot stone massage with Margaret and its up there with one of the best I've had.
Fantastic work BrookLodge keep it up, we'll be back soon.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and go for a Suite.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate your very generous review, and hopefully we will see again before too long. Best regards, Eoin
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We stayed in this wonderful hotel on the 9th and 10th of March. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the food was second to none.

We used Brooklodge as a base for hill walking around the area and they kindly provided accommodation for our two dogs in the stable yard nearby. It was a last minute decision on our part to bring them and it made our weekend more enjoyable.

Hopefully our next visit we can make use of the Spa facilities

Many thanks for your kind review. Best regards, Eoin
navan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I Would recommend this hotel to any of my friends ,we arrived on tuesday and never had a dull moment between the spa and the swimming pool,the grounds were lovely to stroll around,All the staff were very friendly ,the rooms were really nice ,the only complaint i would have is that it is very dark in the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Many thanks for your kind review. Best regards, Eoin

Been to BrookLodge & Wells Spa? Share your experiences!