We stayed in Brooklodge for a night in July.Having been there the year before and really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere around the pool/restaurant etc, we were hugely disappointed when we returned this year. The restaurant was run-amuck with children screaming and shouting both at dinner and breakfast time. Athough children are not allowed enter the pool area for the most part of the day, definitely our stay was affected by them.You don't expect this sort of noise and disruption of a spa resort hotel. I think I would speak for both couples without children, as well as couples on a break from their own.
I was then recently horrified to hear that there is now a charge of €40 per day in order to use the hotel pool/jacuzzi/sauna etc if on a mid-week deal. I think this is outrageous, it was never there before and during mid-week anyway the pool area is never busy. Between this new fee as well as the visible increase of children around the hotel versus last year, I think this hotel has become greedy and will risk loosing the great reputation it has held up to recently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Reasons you must visit BrookLodge Hotel & Macreddin Village: 1. We are a unique hotel in a unique village that offers guests an all-in-one opportunity to experience an Ireland that blends the best of old and new. Best Leinster Restaurant 2014, Culinary Hotel of the Year 2013, Hotel of the Year '09 & '10, and Business Hotel of the Year 2012. BrookLodge & Macreddin Village features an assortment of superb accommodation from classic country house style bedrooms through to state-of-the-art mezzanine suites.2. An extraordinary Organic & Wild food ethos means that Macreddin Village boasts the only certified Wild & Organic restaurant in Ireland - The Strawberry Tree. Another restaurant, a village cafe, a dining lounge, a country pub and an Organic bakery and smokehouse complete a matchless collection 3. An exceptional set of leisure facilities includes a fabulous Resort Spa, Macreddin Golf Course - designed by European Ryder Cup Captain, Paul McGinley, an equestrian centre, mapped walks and complimentary bicycles.4. Macreddin Village has a history dating back to the 5th Century, and is situated in a "Designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty", a remote Wicklow Valley, yet just an hour's drive from South Dublin. Surrounded by stunning countryside, our near neighbours include the world renowned beauty spot - Glendalough Monastic Settlement and Lakes, and The Wicklow Way - Ireland's premier mountain walking trail.5. Now is the time to avail of the lowest hotel rates in Western Europe, and visit Ireland, And nowhere offers a more rewarding and distinctive Irish experience than BrookLodge and Macreddin Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your BrookLodge & Macreddin Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brooklodge & Wells Hotel Macreddin Village
- Brooklodge And Wells Spa
- Brooklodge Hotel
- Brooklodge Wells Macreddin Village
- BrookLodge & Macreddin Village County Wicklow, Ireland