“Large rooms in a country house” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pinewood Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laragh
Pinewood Lodge
You added Pinewood Lodge to your Saves list
Glendalough | Co Wicklow, Laragh, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 12 Laragh B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Large rooms in a country house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

The house is located off the main road, which makes it very quit. Room was at ground level and lots of parking place. Breakfeast good.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

Just back from two weeks touring around Ireland. We stayed at Pinewood Lodge for three nights availing of their midweek deal - great value! The breakfast was fantastic and Michael and Mary were excellent hosts. Great attention to detail - the tea on arrival was very welcome and the help with orientating ourselves much appreciated! We very much enjoyed visiting the National Park and the nearby Monastery!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Berlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

I spent a weekend in this B&B with my girlfriend and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was very comfortable and the owners were really friendly. Best of all, the breakfast was excellent!

I would definitely come again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Bamberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

I stayed with my group at the Pinewood Lodge and it was very cozy, peaceful, and lovely. Mary and her husband offer great hospitality and will accomodate all your needs. I enjoyed the location since it was just next to the hermitage and a short walk to St. Kevin's Monastary. I enjoyed my stay at Pinewood Lodge and can't wait to go with my husband. I know he would enjoy it too!

Stayed April 2010
Bamberg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

I first came to Ireland in August last year and found Pinewood B&B on-line. I had such a GREAT experience there that I came back with a group of 12 people!! The area of Glendalough alone is sooo beautiful, peaceful, and quiet (St. Kevin is awesome). And yet, the accommodations of Pinewood PLUS the warm and loving disposition of our hostess, Mary... made the trip absolutely perfect!! Mary, thank you sooo much for all that you did to accommodate our group! You are in our hearts and prayers!!

• Stayed April 2010
Bamberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

Pinewood Lodge is in a beautiful location above the Glendalough valley. It is quiet, clean, comfortable and wonderfully situated. It is literally 1 km from the valley and right next to a hermitage spot. The rooms were lovely and comfortable, the breakfast very good and the staff thoughtful and efficient. Also the facility provides free wireless internet, books and information about the surrounding area. I would absolutely recommend this lodge to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2010
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for one night in May as part of a short trip around the Dublin area. We paid E80/night including breakfast.

This is a large, purpose-built B&B (I'm not sure how many rooms there are in total but I'd guess more than 10), which meant there was less of homely atmosphere than some others (where you do genuinely feel welcomed into someone's home) -- whether this is good or bad probably depends on what you're looking for!

Because it is a purpose-built B&B our room was very spacious. Breakfast was good quality -- although you had to choose from a menu the night before (see attached photo of the menu for choices). It was served in a small dining room with separate tables (unlike some B&BS where you eat at one big table with other guests and chat to them -- again, whether this is good or bad probably depends on your taste). There was also a comfortable sitting room area for guests with board games and a TV etc.

However, despite this, I'm only giving it three rather than four stars as there were a couple of issues that spoilt our enjoyment. The bed was very creaky and noisy, as was the bathroom door which meant we both had quite a disturbed night's sleep -- maybe bad luck due to the room we were allocated, although I'd have thought that the door issue at least would have been noticed and fixed easily enough. Also, it was the most expensive of all the places we stayed in Ireland (but definitely not the most luxurious) so we didn't feel it offered very good value for money.

We ate at the Wicklow Heather restuarant in the village (and it is very much a restaurant rather than a pub as I was expecting). While not cheap, it was lovely food with a great atmosphere and friendly staff -- a thumb's up there! It's about two minutes' drive or a short walk (although there's not much pavement) from the B&B. (As others have noted the B&B is not in the centre of the village).

In the wider area, Glendalough (about 10 minutes' drive down the road and I guess what most people staying at the B&B are here to see) is amazing and definitely worth visiting the area for.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Pinewood Lodge? Share your experiences!