We went directly Ballyknocken at the start of our 3 weeks in Ireland and Northern Ireland. It proved to be the best of our stops in the whole trip. It was a surprise for my wife who was previously a long distance fan of our host Catherine and her TV series. The Friday night dinner cooked by Catherine and her staff was wonderful (Sorrel soup - yum yum!). Catherine was very gracious and generous with her time. Her staff were welcoming and very helpful. In particular Sharon on the front desk was terrific. Breakfasts were hearty and good with lovely fresh bread and drop scones (lovely sauce). The Wicklow country side and scenery was wonderful. Our triple room was comfortable with a nice view of the pretty front garden. I loved wandering the vegetable and herb gardens. After traveling the UK and Europe I can honestly say that these two days were a highlight and good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballyknocken House & Cookery School is scenically located on a 350 acre farm only a short drive from Dublin City Centre in County Wicklow, Ireland This charming four-star Victorian farmhouse boasts seven beautifully appointed rooms, all with period features in a picturesque setting on extensive grounds. This family-run operation has many amenities to offer both on-site and in the surrounding area and is home to award-winning Food Writer & TV Chef, Catherine Fulvio.Set up by Catherine’s mum, Mary, Ballyknocken house offers short and weekly walking packages, taking in the lovely Carrick forest and Mountain, just behind Ballyknocken and of course, the magnificent Wicklow Way Ballyknocken House prides itself on using the finest and freshest local produce. Ballyknocken House is the perfect getaway – whether for a romantic retreat, family vacation or foodie adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ballyknocken House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballyknocken House Hotel Glenealy
- Ballyknocken House Ireland/Glenealy