Meself and my boyfriend visited Ballyknocken House last year and had a fab time. We were not there to attend the cookery classes but just an overnight treat. We arrived in the afternoon and were greeted by a lovely lady who I think was from Cape Town. We were shown into the drawing room where we were treated to amazing lemon cake and tea. Our room was old wordly, nothing decadent but clean and full of character. We went for a drive around the area and visited Avondale and Avondale House for some beautiful walks. We had booked dinner as part of our stay and were 'wowed' completely. However before dinner you are invited to the drawing room for sherry if you so desire! We did for the pure fun of it - lovely way to meet the other guests have a pre-dinner chat and drink. Dinner is set so you have no choice in what your are eating. All the tables in the dining area were full and from those we spoke to, all had thoroughly enjoyed their meal. We had a stroll afterwards in the cookery school gardens. Breakfast the next morning was an absolute treat, from the homemade orange butter to the mouthwatering scones. All locally produced produce inclding some fantastic cheeses and meats. On our departure we had a lovley send off from the same lady who greeted us the day before. We headed into Ashford then for a very enjoyable couple of hours in Mount Usher gardens and surrounding shops. All in all we had a great time in Ballyknocken - very quiet, relaxed environment with amazing food to enjoy.
- Also Known As:
- Ballyknocken House Hotel Glenealy
- Ballyknocken House Hotel
- Ballyknocken House Ireland/Glenealy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballyknocken House & Cookery School is scenically located on a 350 acre farm only a short drive from Dublin City Centre in County Wicklow, Ireland This charming four-star Victorian farmhouse boasts seven beautifully appointed rooms, all with period features in a picturesque setting on extensive grounds. This family-run operation has many amenities to offer both on-site and in the surrounding area and is home to award-winning Food Writer & TV Chef, Catherine Fulvio.Set up by Catherine’s mum, Mary, Ballyknocken house offers short and weekly walking packages, taking in the lovely Carrick forest and Mountain, just behind Ballyknocken and of course, the magnificent Wicklow Way Ballyknocken House prides itself on using the finest and freshest local produce. Ballyknocken House is the perfect getaway – whether for a romantic retreat, family vacation or foodie adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Ballyknocken House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.