Just back from 2 night in this hotel, 19th - 21st April.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone. But bare in mind it is quite dated, with a few flaws, such as;
- Heating was not great in our room
- Water was hit and miss (Stopped working for periods)
- Décor is very dated and a tad shabby
- Strange noise every now and again could be heard in our room, that was quite loud, and happened through the night (possibly heating or water)
On the positive side our room was very spacious and so was the bathroom, it had one of the biggest baths I've ever used, which was great after a long days walk.
The one thing I will rave about is the food! We ate in the restaurant on both nights and the food was AMAZING! Very hot and well cooked, with a good selection!
Now to the location! This is what this place is all about! Right slap bang in the centre of the mountains. Just a mere 10 minute walk until you get to the start of the walking trails. We walked the White and the Red and the views were breathtaking. This is what makes up for the few problems the hotel might have.
The staff were also extremely friendly and very attentive to our needs!
So all in all we had an amazing weekend and we will certainly be back. If you can overlook / prepare for the minor flaws this place has, you will have a brilliant time!
Let's face it, you go here for the outdoors not the indoors!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Glendalough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glendalough Village Hotel
- Glendalough Hotel Vale Of Glendalough, Ireland