“Nice hotel in a lovely setting under the mountains” 4 of 5 stars

You added Glendalough Hotel to your Saves list
Glendalough Hotel
Glendalough | Co. Wicklow, Glendalough Village, Ireland   |
Sligo, Ireland
“Nice hotel in a lovely setting under the mountains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a conference but I think I would come back again to explore the area in more detail. Really nice hotel located in the National Park. This is an absolute gem if you wish to explore the surrounding mountains and monastic site.

Room Tip: I think some of my colleagues may have been given much smaller rooms so maybe ask for a double when...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here for one night for the "Helping the Hills" Conference organised by Mountaineering Ireland. I arrived early in the morning of the first day and my bedroom was ready for me. There were well over a hundred delegates attending. Both lunch and dinner were well prepared and served with friendly efficiency. Breakfast next day was very good before a wet and windy morning in the mountains. We arrived back to a good cooked lunch. The arrangements and conference facilities are excellent and the hotel should be commended for this. My bedroom was good and comfortable and there is free wi-fi downstairs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Moissac, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed recently to walk in the valley. I arrived in the hotel late, but the restaurant managed to fit me in and I had a lovely meal with good friendly service. The following morning, I awoke to a beautiful view and the sound of the river babbling by. I walked the spink very early and was back in time for a hearty breakfast. I was impressed by the value for money and quality of the welcome.
I wont hesitate to visit again. next time for a few days hopefully!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Ballycastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We booked this hotel at the last minute as we were struggling to find accomodation in the Dublin area over the weekend on 31/08 due to a number of sporting events. We had originally booked for 3 (including b/b) for 260 euro but day before we were due to arrive we increased our party to 4. We contacted the hotel who gave us, what we thought a very reasonable rate of 320 euro. Ten minutes after we confirmed our agreement, they phoned us back and stated that they could offer us a better deal (280 euro). We were very impressed. We arrived at the hotel and found it very attractive and located in one of the most beautiful areas of Southern Ireland. As we had been on the road for nearly 5 hours we decided to have a meal in the hotel rather than travelling out. We had a fabulous meal which included wine and drinks for 150 euro. Service at both the meal and the accomodation was second to none and we would recommend it as both a place to relax but also a great base for those who like to walk as the scenery and walking facilities were second to none. We will be back

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for our 10th anniversary & had a lovely stay. We did a mid-week deal for €150 which included dinner b&b, excellent value. Our room was on a beautiful corner overlooking the river, lovely big room. The dinner was fantastic too. Couldn't fault anything. We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2012
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Came back here today after a few good experiences here.Met by waitess/barman. I wont say if it was male or female. Where has all the Irish charm gone. (immigrated i guess) No manners what so ever,spent more time chatting to theyre friend at bar. Never ever will i go back here. Food was complete crap too. I actually cant get over how rude this person was. I though no maybe its just a cultural thing and I dont understand the way eastern europeans behave but my friend who with me said they were really rude and he's eastern european also.

Room Tip: Sorry ate here didnt stay, was going to but was expecting to meet some nice irish boys/girls for a p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Glendalough Village hotels

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

As outlined by other reviewer the hotel is in an fantastic location. The hotel could do with a refurbishment however the room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. We were staying in the hotel to attend the wedding and the food was fantastic. If you want to stay in Glendalough for a few days you won't find a better place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Glendalough Hotel? Share your experiences!