“Breathtaking Views & amazing staff!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Glenview Hotel to your Saves list
Glenview Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Delgany, Glen Of The Downs, Ireland   |
Co. Down
“Breathtaking Views & amazing staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have just returned from a weekend away with my mum (who has limited mobility). Amazing amazing location & so very easy to get to! We hadn't been in the hotel 10 mins & we were checked in to a ground floor room which accommodated our mobility issues & walking to the room several staff passing by offered to assist with our bags even though asked when checking in & we declined. Staff in this hotel have to be thee best of any hotel I have stayed in worldwide (usually take a hotel break every 8 wks in Ireland) from the cleaners right through to the amazing waiting staff.
The leisure facilities are wonderful & is topped off with the outdoor hot tub. Great access into the pool with walk in steps which once again was great for our mobility needs. The one issue was that the leisure complex is only accessible via the hotel by 2 flights of stairs no lift access which was very difficult. There was ramp access via the car park however this meant you had to exit the hotel walk around the back & access that way - not very disabled friendly. The hotel itself is presented very well clean & tidy & lovely décor.
The bedroom was at times quite cool heating seemed to be limited & also in dire need of a paint; a lot of marking n walls & damp in corners of windows & the bedding really needs a coloured throw to brighten up the all white linen. Otherwise the rooms were very spacious & very adequately furnished with seating & table, dressing table & good room to manoeuvre around. One element that does need to be developed is an information book in the room just about the hotel, local amenities, etc. I am very active when travelling & had to continually ask reception for information which would have been quite accessible from a welcome book in the room, which has always been standard in other hotels I have stayed.
The restaurant/breakfast was fantastic nothing but praise here yet again! Fine dining in the evening & endless selection at breakfast.
Overall a wee gem nestled in a wonderful location with staff & surroundings second to none. A very big pat on the back for management who obviously lead their staff very well; nothing was too much to ask of them. Would definitely recommend & return to this hotel - exceptional value for money & impeccable service!

Room Tip: Get a front facing room to benefit the wonderful views!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your excellent review of your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. We are indeed very fortunate to be located in such a beautiful part of Ireland and as you mentioned our hotel is so easy to get to.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us including your accommodation, your dining experience, the service and our Leisure facilities.

Your compliments regarding the team are very much appreciated and we all look forward to welcoming you and your Mum back to the Glenview Hotel soon.

Brian McNamara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

It had no heating in the room past about 10 pm, and it had not been turned on again when I checked out. Friends stayed on a different floor and experienced the same lack of heating. Do not stay here in the winter.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to read of your dissatisfaction with the heating in your room. If we had been aware of the problem we would have rectified the situation immediately.

Many thanks for your review and should you wish to discuss your stay further I would be delighted if you could contact me on the number below.

Kind Regards

Tel: 01 2873399
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I spent a lot of time looking at different hotels for mid-term in order to get the best deal for my family of 4.(Mum dad and 2 girls ages 6 and 9), Their were many deals on offer in different hotels but I wanted to have a guarantee that all amenities were up to a good standard so I opted to pay over the odds for our weekend in the Glenview Hotel. The room was lovely, the hotel itself was lovely. The food was lovely and the reception staff were very pleasant. I had a massage in the Haven which was fantastic.
The Leisure Centre however was extremely run down and very tatty. The entrance to the pool was blocked in an unsightly way with ropes and signs. There was no foot bath to disinfect your feet on the way through. Empty foot disinfectant dispensers in the dressing room. My husband told me there were strips of unsightly missing tiles in the showers. One out of 3 hot showers 1 was out of order.The sauna did not work at all. The dressing rooms were freezing. The ceiling tiles were stained in the pool. On Sunday our last day the Jacuzzi was empty of water and out of service too. The outdoor hot tub was not hot enough. Not 4 star Not acceptable. The kids club is advertised as being on for Friday and Sat. The girl was very pleasant but because there was only our girls and a couple of other kids she did not interact with the kids she sat in the corner looking at a laptop. I have been in other hotels and even when numbers are small the kids club leader still interacts on some level with the kids and plays games of some kind with them. I paid well over the price of other hotels as I say with the belief that the Glenview would not let us down on all it advertises. I believe if your leisure facilities are out of order you should discount the guests for not providing what you advertise.
I also think you should warn people that if kids club numbers are low there will be no interactivity with the club leader. If I had have known the above I would have booked elsewhere. This is a beautiful hotel with great character but these things let it down. Margaret Dublin

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. I am very pleased with your compliments regarding the pleasant staff and standard of accommodation and food that you experienced during your visit. Angela our Beauty Therapist is particularly delighted to hear that you felt you had a fantastic massage.

I am very upset to read of your disappointment with the Leisure Club facilities and the poor interaction with your children in our Kids Club. Our health club facilities receive regular maintenance to ensure that they are of a high standard. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to our Leisure Club Manager for his direct attention. The matter regarding the Kids Club has been addressed and appropriate action taken.

Your feedback is very important to us as it is only through comments such as yours that we can continue to strive for excellence.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We visited The Glenview Hotel recently for a family Sunday Lunch. The dining room is excellent with beautiful views through the Glen of the Downs. The staff were exceptionally friendly and efficient particularly the young Spanish?? girl. The food was very good. We will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback regarding Sunday Lunch in our Woodlands Restaurant. We are delighted to hear you and your family had a very enjoyable meal experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel soon.

wicklow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We brought a friend for lunch today and decided to go upstairs for the set lunch. I couldn't praise it enough. The beautiful bright dining room with the tables covered with table cloths. It was very welcoming. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The food was exceptional as was the service. I will definitely go back , while €27.50 is a little expensive in these recessionary times it was worth paying this price. A lovely place to bring someone for a meal.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regarding Sunday Lunch in our Woodlands Restaurant. We are delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your meal and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel soon.

Rathfriland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 night b&b 1 dinner break and received exactly what I had read before I went. We received 1st class service at reception from Hazel who looked after our accommodation request change very professionally. We ate in the bar at lunchtime twice and Tanya was very helpful with advice on what to see/do during our stay. The crèche is available to residents free of charge and Lesley noticed that my little girl was bored one morning and came up to me to invite us to the play room. Nothing seemed too much bother, Katie arranged a special dessert for my husband during our evening meal due to his dietary condition, a lady in the leisure centre loaned us swimming ring for my little girl, and the beautician in Havan started early so as my husband could get a treatment. This is just a snapshot of the service we received and we will be returning.

Room Tip: Double bed is huge, big enough for 2 adults & a toddler to sleep comfortably.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so glad to read you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us including your accommodation, food and the service you received from our friendly helpful staff. I have passed your compliments to the team. They are indeed fantastic.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel in the future

Kind regards,

Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Although this grand old building is a little bit tired in the fabric the service is absolutely up to date and first class, staff,. very helpful and efficent, nothing was to much trouble. Food was very good in a resturant with fantastic views, even in the rain, all request for dietary requirements complied with without fuss or bother. The management are keen to ensure your stay is perfect in every way so do not be afraid to pass on your comments as they do listen.
I will return again for another weekend break

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us and you that you intend returning for another visit in the future.

Your continued custom is very much appreciated and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel soon.

Kind Regards,

Brian McNamara

Been to Glenview Hotel? Share your experiences!