“Could do better” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Gorey
Ireland
“Could do better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Fabulous location- lovely hotel- very friendly staff- Restaurant could do better - volume rather than quality seems to be the mantra- Breakfast - eggs hard and rubbery - bacon leathery- could have a much better selection of fruit . Rooms clean but could do with a little maintenance - Could be superb

Room Tip: rooms facing the sea have a stunning view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I cannot fault this hotel. A group of 16 of us stayed overnight and we were very well looked after. The library was our personal dining room for the night, where the food was superb & the service excellent. We stayed up rather late in the bar which was very cosy & inviting (great cocktails!) And to top it off we had treatments the following day. Our whole stay was faultless. The spa exceeded our expectations too, the staff were really great, true professionals.
I would highly recommend this hotel to couples, groups & families as it is a very welcoming hotel.
Thanks for the great experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had stayed at the Seafield for a wedding but didn't get a chance (at the time) to enjoy the full facilities. This time round, I wanted to make the most of my stay.

I enjoyed a delicious lunch in the bar when I arrived. The two guys who served us were friendly, helpful and kind. Once our full group had arrived we ordered Afternoon tea. The sandwiches and cakes were fresh and tasty. I decided on coffee and was not disappointed.

We had asked for a room with a balcony and I would recommend this if you are staying with a group. As the balconies are slightly joined, you can pass from room to room outdoors (instead of going out into the corridor and knocking on various rooms). We enjoyed wine and nibbles sitting around the table and chairs on our balcony, on a beautiful October evening. The view in the morning of the sun rising over the sea and across the golf course is spectacular.

The Spa is actually where this hotel really impressed me. The dark walls, lit candles and serene atmosphere were just glorious. The outdoor hotpool is a must! Steam room, hot beds, stunning indoor pool and various showers all added to the luxury. As children under the age of 16 are not allowed to attend the pool area, it was lovely to have a mature, quiet and relaxing space.
Sitting in the outdoor hot pool until 8 in the evening was probably the highlight for me.

The breakfast is fantastic! Delicious selection of fresh fruit, seeds, nuts and yoghurt. The hot food consists of full Irish breakfast with some tasty extras.

We didn't have time to go for a walk by the sea but I will definitely put that on my list for next time.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are not huge but worth the outdoor space.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

After attending a wedding in seafield last weekend I felt I had to write a review.. Having worked in the hotel industry for 20 years It didnt raise much hope.. Shared a room with a friend for €150 which I thought was pricey for the location... However, was greated by a very busy but extremely friendly receptionist.. Tick.. It was 2pm and my room was not ready which is normal by the way.. Had a coffee in the lounge and checked back and was handed my keys.. Was so pleasantly surprised to find a beautiful room and huge bathroom.. No faults, luxury at it's best.. The huge shock to me was room service next morning.. I know what to expect even from 5star hotels but this in my view is the best room service.. Piping hot and great quality.. I must also mention the manager who looked after the wedding.. Barry Smith.. This hotel needs more recognition. I 100% recommend this hotel to ANY type of traveller business or leisure

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Just back from a stay in the Seafield and I was extremely impressed. This hotel has a very stylish and modern interior which might not be to everybody's taste but certainly leaves an impression. We ate in the bar three times and the food was consistently excellent, as was the buffet breakfast. The highlight was the wonderful Spa, especially the outdoor pool. Top class hotel, we shall certainly be returning in the near future

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I travel Tuesday to Friday every week and stay in different hotels all across Ireland and this is the first time I have felt compelled to write a review!!

I stayed here 2 weeks ago, a last minute booking, and not knowing the area well. From the delightful Anete who checked me in, to the discreet yet pleasant waiting staff, and Janine who checked me out, I could not fault any of them.

The setting is beautiful and the rooms perfect. The bathroom was so nice I didn't want to disturb anything! A walk in shower and separate bath....and what a BATH! it was just too good to not take advantage of even though I normally opt for a power shower.

I had dinner in the bar (which was lovely) and the food was tasty and plentiful. I arrived for breakfast the next morning towards the end of serving time to find they were still bringing out freshly cooked food. Again very nice.

I love the outdoors and Janine on reception recommended I check out the beach walk. I was so convinced by her enthusiasm I went to my meeting and drove back to the hotel especially. A short walk through a wooded area skirting the side of the golf course led me to a beautiful secluded and very clean beach. A great way to clear the head before a long drive home.

I didn't have time to make use of the spa but I was so impressed by everything, I have booked to stay again this week for 2 nights and will definitely be checking it out!

As a business traveller my only complaint would have been the poor mobile phone reception in my room and no wifi connection. This is probably just a case of the positioning of my room but everything else made up for it.

Looking forward to going back tomorrow.
:-)

• Stayed September 2012
Ballynure
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

When we decided to take a few days away for our 10th Wedding Anniversary - we were unsure of where to book. I wanted a spa location, and my husband wanted beach walks and countryside. Well we both got what we wanted and more from the Seafield.
From the friendly welcome at check-in, our fabulous third floor bedroom with balcony, the amazing spa through to the amazing food - the whole experience was faultless.
Can't wait to return.... and maybe making this a yearly anniversary trip rather than a one-off!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seafield Golf & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!