“A super weekend was had by all !” 5 of 5 stars

Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wexford Road, Gorey, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Gorey
Dublin
“A super weekend was had by all !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

I arranged a weekend to celebrate my mothers birthday and our group totalled 23 in all (12 adults and 11 children). We found the Amber Springs to be a very comfortable and clean hotel with great facilities for the kids. Having four children in our room, this was the first time that each child was given a bed of their own in a family room (1 double, 2 singles and 2 very comfortable fold-up beds). Just 10 mins. walk for Gorey main street and 2 minutes from train station, it is the perfect location for a break. I would highly recommend this hotel and will certainly visit it again.

• Stayed October 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

I stayed here with my Partner for a weekend away. Hotel is built right on a main road and I didn't like this but handy for business travellers I suppose. Reception staff were very nice and efficient with a quick check-in. Our room was spacious and clean with a double bed and single bed, flat screen tv etc. We tried the leisure facilities while we were there, the swimming pool is very clean and well laid out with sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, lovely reception staff with big smiles always waiting with a fresh towel! Kelby's Bistro was understaffed but food was very nice and again, the staff are lovely. The Saturday night we were there we didn't get much sleep.. woken up about four times by late night revellers (or maybe that should be early morning - until 3am) - shouting, laughing, car alarms going off etc. we were situated at the front of the hotel. We also tried the carvery on the Sunday afternoon, very tasty and nice big portions. Not sure if I will be back as I think this hotel would be best suited for business guests rather than leisure but food was lovely and the staff are the gems of this hotel.

dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

Myself, husband and twin girls aged 5 ,and baby aged 11 months, stayed in this hotel for the halloween weekend...
This hotel is excellant for families with young children as the kids club is great with numerous items to entertain them including a bouncy castle , inflatable goal posts, art and crafts and also dvds.... The kids club is situated adjacent to the bar area which allows the parents to enjoy a few quiet drinks and extensive bar food menu whilst still being in easy reach of their "little darlings"...
As a family with young children, we do find "Restaurants" a very daunting place and as an evening meal was part of our package we requested to dine in the bar area instead .. This was no problem!!!!
All the staff are very courteous and we found them all very helpful in every way especially the Hotel Manager, Sandra, who really looks after all her residents to her very best ability
We have returned to this hotel on numerous occasions and hope to return again in the very near future.... We would not hesitate to reccommend this hotel to anyone
Fiona & Barry Byrne
Dublin...

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

I stayed at Amber Springs Hotel (ASH) , as part of a extended family party of 12 adults(couples) and 10 children (aged from 2-14), for the occasion of a surprise 70th Birthday Party for my mother. This is a very nice 'new' hotel with easy access from Dublin
(dead straight journey from M50/N11/M11(second exit for Gorey-not Gorey north).
About 1 hours drive from M50 toll.

Positives: Public areas clean and welcoming. All staff were professional. Family rooms were perfectly suitable (very clean). Leisure Centre was very good. Kids club (and Halloween Party) was excellent for ages up to 10.

Negatives: A wedding party on our first night were quite noisey during the night.
Poor facilities for teens. Games room had no facilities (only pool table was out-of-use). I would suggest putting in table tennis, table hockey, juke box...to keep BORED teens (of which there was 3) amused and out of mischief!
Food was NOT 4* (probabaly ok for most people but as there was 3 chefs in our party minor flaws were exposed, but that could be tweaked easily - Breakfast selection was limited to basic buffet and consisted of undercooked pastries, and deep fried sausages, pudding, mushrooms, hash browns, and micro wave scrambled egg!)
Suggestion: More choice. Add Fresh porridge, Granola, French toast, Egg Benedict, Pancakes with bacon & ,maple syrup, etc..
Bar food and restaurant food was okay!!
Suggestion: Reduce choice on menu. Increase attention to detail.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Kildare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

Great spa but poor quality food.The cooked breakfast looked likes it was there for hours, the rashers and sausages were stored in a covered dish and was floating in liquid. I asked a waitress to refill the fresh fruit bowl, she didn't do it and never got back to me. At dinner I was given the wrong started, none of the wines on the very limited wine list were available and the price for dinner was € 42. The reception area was lacking in fresh air , no windows were open and dust hung in the air, there was no air conditioning. The swimming pool and spa area were very nice and a pleasant young man on reception there was very helpful.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

My husband & I were married in the Amber Springs Hotel on Saturday, 10th October 2009 and had the most amazing experience. From the friendly receptionist to the courteous bell-boys, to the ever-efficient Manager, Sandra. They made us, and our guests feel so welcome and at home. The customer service was excellent. The food on our wedding day and the lovely friendly staff who served it, was second to none. There is not one thing I could fault. When looking around for a location for our wedding, many months ago, the main ingredient that set the Amber Springs apart from the other hotels we visited was the 'down to earth, family friendly atmosphere that exudes from the minute you walk through the entrance'. That atmosphere, coupled with the efficient and professional approach and delivery of all staff we encountered over the duration of the months leading up to our wedding was exceptional. The Amber Springs has some very special and dedicated staff who gel together impeccably well when such an important function as a wedding is taking place. I loved every minute of my stay there (includiing the day before, when my daugher and myself received some amazing pampering in the Cocoon Spa downstairs!) They say your wedding day flies by, but I have some incredible memories and so do my family and friends, and everyone was impressed with the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to make the day so special, not just for the bride and groom. Thank you so much for an incredibly special day!

dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

I travelled with my elderly mother and sister to meet up with a large group of elderly people on a four night stay. The room was lovely and comfortable, and the breakfast was ok. I enjoyed the spa facilities but was a bit put off when i asked the attendant in the spa for some fresh water after I came out of the sauna ( a bit thirsty) he was not at all pleased at being asked to disturb himself and looked at me as if i was asking something totally out of his remit.
On the night before we left the group had supplied entertainment in the main bar, and we all settled in for a good night of craic and ceol as the Irish do, unfortunately on three occasions within the time frame of about 2.5 hours, we were shortchanged 3 times at the bar, three of us out of 6 at a table had problems with overcharging and shortchanging. We reported this to the receptionist on our departure the next day, and she seemed nonchalant about the whole episode, we did not get to speak to a Manager at the time, as we were pre-occupied with looking after my mother. But a week later when my sister phoned to follow up on the complaint , the manager know nothing of it.
We got no email of apology or any gesture of compensation. Which i find appalling in the current climate where service should be of the utmost importance, and the fact that this was a group of elderly people spending a lot of money in this hotel, I feel they were very vulnerable, and I would not be recommending that we revisit this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2009

Been to Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa? Share your experiences!