“Perfect in every way!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Gorey
Wicklow
“Perfect in every way!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

There is no other word we would use describe the Ashdown Park Hotel and all the staff only "amazing". We had our Wedding reception in the Ashdown Park in July, we had stayed in the hotel a couple of times prior to setting our date,
and found everything just perfect so there was no
question of where we were going to spend our special day!!
From our first meeting with
Aileen she completely set our
mind at ease and made every aspect of the planning such fun.
The day of our wedding ran so smoothly thanks to Aileen and
also Stephen who really helped settle my husband's nerves
before the speeches, they are both a fantastic asset to the
hotel. The food, from our wedding meal to breakfast right
through to lunch was perfect,and all the staff are so friendly and helpful. Our guests on the day were so complimentary of all aspects of the Ashdown Park Hotel.
I'm delighted we have found our 'special place' as we will be back every opportunity we get
Elaine & John

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed here for our friends wedding . Very easy check in . The had all pre booked rooms ready just had to sign and got your keys no hassle Dave lee checked us in told us his name . And said any problems just ask for me . There was no need but nice touch. The food and service for the recpition was first class. Breakfast was again lovely . My wife lost her glasses told Anne at reception we could not find them ... To be honest taught that was the end off them but later that day got a call to say the had found them at the could post them out to us ... Excellent staff

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed here recently for a wedding and what a lovely spot it is. The staff were so friendly and helpful, just couldn't do enough for you. There is also a lovely leisure centre. The wedding function room is fantastic. There aren't enough words to describe how delicious the meal was. Overall a very family friendly hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bray, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Enjoyable weekend trip to the Ashdown. Rooms were nice but too warm ( No Air Con which is a pitty for a 4* Hotel) The facilities are good. One thing to note is that food service could be more prompt - we were waiting a long time for courses and the Hotel at the time was not busy - but dont get me wrong it was an enjoyable stay and we would probably return. Sister Hotel The Amber Springs is worth a stay aswell

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Gorey, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding ceremony
& function here. It was amazing. From our first contact with the wedding team to the final event we were made feel so at ease. Their professional approach to detail was so special. It was perfection in itself.
The function could not have been improved in any way. The advice and assistance given to us was brilliant.
Would we do it again at this venue, we most certainly would.
Many thanks to our new friends at Ashtown Park Hotel and continued success.
Alan & Trish

• Stayed July 2014
Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The minute I walked into this hotel I knew it was the hotel I wanted, the staff were amazing the reception was so homely and done up beautiful, the wedding room was spacious and plenty of light, I just loved it, after booking it the wedding girls couldn't of been any more helpful they emailed and rang me nearly every month checking I was on top of things, the lead up to it I heard from them every week and anytime I rang them they were so nice, my first meal tasting wasn't what I asked for and they organised a second one, on the wedding day iv never been so fussed over in all my life, the staff were amazing to myself and my husband and to all my guests, the food was gorgeous, the room was beautiful, anything I wanted the staff were on it straight away, I got great feedback from all my guests complimenting the food, the service and how beautiful the day was and this was down to the staff making this day extra special for me, I would highly recommend here for a wedding or even a weekend away, fab hotel I love it

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Crossgar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stayed at the Ashdown Park on 20th and 21st July. We arrived early and our room wasn't ready but the girl on reception told us to leave our bags and took all our details and told us she would ring when it was ready.( We were also offered the use of the leisure centre.) It was a beautiful day and we decided to go for a walk. We were only away 30 minutes when our phone rang to say our room was ready. We walked back and booked in. Girl on reception was really pleasant and helpful. Room was beautiful clean and very well presented. After freshening up we went down and booked dinner in the Rowan Tree restaurant. The meal was truly amazing presentation first class. We asked the name of the chef who was Noel and sent him our sincere thanks. Staff in the restaurant again were very attentive and friendly. Morning breakfast didn't disappoint. Good selection of food on offer. Again it was a beautiful day so we headed to Courtown. Back at the hotel we used the leisure facilities and if I had to complain about anything it would be the small changing area with no private changing cubicles. This would not be a problem usually but I felt for a older lady who was trying to change and a boy aged around 9 stood staring at her. If there had been family areas this would not be the case. Staff in the centre were very good and on 2 occasion I saw them speak to children for throwing things and getting in the way of swimmers in the swimming lane.
As food had been so good the night before we dined in Ivy Bar. Food again was great and again friendly helpful staff.
On checking out the next morning the girl on reception was very helpful giving us directions to our next destination and also recommended a garden centre to stop at for coffee (which we did).
Really enjoyed our stay and will recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Ashdown Park Hotel Conference and Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!