“Run away like a zombie is chasing” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lexington
Ashburn, Virginia
“Run away like a zombie is chasing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

This place was disgusting! Worst place by far on a cross country vacation over 25 days. Gross bathroom, stinky office, sheets were stained with man glue. How anyone can give this more than one star is inconceivable. The person at the desk did have anything to say when I complained the next morning. With every hotel around booked for the softball world series in Jackson this was the only option with 3 tired kids. Yuck is the only way to describe this place.

• Stayed July 2012
econolodgelexington, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Lexington, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that things did not work out for you to be able to stay at Econo Lodge Lexington recently.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• I am so sorry about the condition of bed and bathroom in your room. Each room is to be cleaned properly when a guest leaves and that includes changing the sheets. They received additional training as to what is expected of them in the matter of maintaining the high standards which we have set for our establishment.

I hope that when you do visit our area, you will choose to stay at Days Inn Edison. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Racine, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had reserved this room in advance through the Choice Hotel website. When doing this, you pay in advance and cannot cancel, but get a 20% discount. This is good when you are certain of your travel plans. This worked well for us because we arrived very late and it was good to know we had a room waiting for us. Unfortunately, we rang the bell, knocked on the door but nobody answered. So I began calling the hotel. That finally woke up the owner and we were able to check in. Had I not prepaid for the room, I may not have stayed. The carpet was dirty and had not been vacuumed and there was only one bar of soap for both the lav and the shower. The fan in the bath was extremely noisy and I was afraid of waking those in the room next to us. The fixtures in the room have not been updated since maybe the 1960s. We slept in, but were still in time for breakfast. The breakfast room was dirty and unappetizing. There was very little food available and had to ask for it to be replenished. The hotel was very miserly in offering the few amenities that one expects even in a budget hotel. In their defense, the family who ran the hotel was very friendly and welcoming, the bed was comfortable and clean - but I would not walk barefoot in the room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
econolodgelexington, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Lexington, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge Lexington for your recent stay in our area.

We thank and appreciate your review.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Management has apprised about what happened as you mentioned in the review and also the hotel staff have been given special training on guest relationship and managing their requirements to the highest satisfaction.

• Your comment on the amenities has been taken care of.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper presentation and to ensure ample stock of breakfast items.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will find our hospitality and amenities to your best satisfaction and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Thomaston, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I travel ALOT for work, and spend an average of 3 nights a week in a motel. We usually try to use the "choice hotels" brand so we can get points, which we use for vacation every year. We ended up in Lexington Tennessee this night and I was very hesitant about staying here but had read a few good reviews so I decided to try it out. We usually stay away from the "all single level types" because they aren't typically that great. This motel was very surprising. Now I will admit it's not the Hilton, but you are not charged Hilton prices either. It was only like 60 for the two of us. It was clean, air worked well, bed was comfy, good tv channels, with even a Chinese resturant next door. I will definately stay there again if in the area. I don't know if I would go out of the way to stay there, but I will definately stay if need be. So if you are wanting a basic clean room to sleep for the night, don't be scared to try it out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

My wife and mother in law stayed here WITH our 4 mo. old puppy and they had no complaints. The room was clean and odor- free (somewhat of a concern, considering the fact that they are pet friendly). The staff was courteous and seemed genuinely interested in seeing to it that their stay was a pleasant one., Now it's not a Hilton or The Plaza so it's not real fancy or plush, however it was clean, cheap and one of the only pet friendly hotel/ motels in Lexington. All in all they had a good hotel experience here, so don't let a bad review by some obviously "impossible to please" types throw you off track. This is a nice, clean, safe and most importantly reasonably priced establishment. As a matter of fact we'll be staying there whenever we need a hotel/ motel in Lexington.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Troy, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I was just passing through and since it was already night. I decided I should settle at a motel for the night. The first one I saw when I came through was Econo Lodge, it looked kind of deserted and quiet but I was very sleepy, so I checked to see if it was open. It was very late so I wasn't surprised it had a ring bell sign, so I ringed the bell and this Indian man that looked very kind came out. I booked a single room and prices were good for a choice Hotel. I went to my room and I was very pleased with what I saw. It was very clean and cozy looking, everything worked and I didn't really have a problem with anything. I went to sleep immediately, since I was very sleepy, and let me tell you that bed was VERY comfy, it was just like my bed at home, comfy and comfortable. I woke up i to a nice quiet morning and it was very peaceful and nice, I thought I saw A breakfast room when I had checked in last night. So I went to go check and I was pleased, they did have one it had a juice machine a waffle maker, muffins , cinnamon rolls, and some toast, jam ,butter, and cream cheese for the bagels. It was VERY VERY nice and the manager was worried if I needed anything, he was very willing to try to help me in every possible way. It was very nice, quiet and I was VERY VERY satisfied! I hope If you see this review you should really check out this motel and it wasn't as deserted as i thought it was very lively and cozy and nice. I hope you would check out this motel! It was a VERY satisfied stay. :)

Room Tip: I saw some Cabin rooms, but I got a regular room, but the cabin rooms looked very cozy and comfortab...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

My stay at this motel was absolutely remarkable! The Staff was the by far the best. They were always willing to help! The room was also very very nice. They have even looked like they were really sad i see by all the reviews on here and are very willingly nice and also asking if i have had any troubles! The room I have to say was very clean too. This motel is by far the best if i say so myself!

Room Tip: The wooded rooms or the newly renovated rooms were nice.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Blue Ridge, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

This was one of the filthiest hotels I've ever stayed at. We had our three dogs with us which limited our choices and spent only one night. There is NO where to walk your dogs, but the Beech Lake area is a short drive from this place. The room was filthy. Cobwebs were all over the windows. There was a bucket with water in it catching the water dripped from the bathroom ceiling. The beds were horrible and the sheets didn't fit them at all. The place was horrible and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. We wouldn't even take our dogs here again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
econolodgelexington, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Lexington, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge Lexington for your recent stay in our area.

• The manager was approached about providing places for dogs to be walked in our pet friendly facility.

• Maintenance was informed about the leak in the bathroom ceiling of the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any necessary repairs.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Econo Lodge Lexington. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Econo Lodge Lexington? Share your experiences!