“Brilliant again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cozie B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fethard
Cozie B&B
You added Cozie B&B to your Saves list
Rosegreen Road, Fethard, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Fethard B&B and Inns
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Brilliant again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We have stayed at Cozie's before as we have family in Fethard, and rated it highly then. On returning we were not disappointed with anything, still as good as ever. Theresa and Willy are so friendly, you don't feel like you are imposing at all. The rooms were again spotless and cleaned throughout our stay. The breakfasts were as good as we remembered too. We stay here because it is walking distance to the town and all the pubs and restaurants, as well as walking distance from our family. Also because of the layout of the place, we can have two rooms next to each other with me and hubby in one and the kids in the other, giving us a little private space, but always feeling that the kids are safe and close by. Whilst we come here for family reasons, I would also recommend this to anyone who wants to experience the real Ireland. The town is steeped in history, and the pubs and restaurants are authentic and friendly, no tourist pubs etc here, just the real thing. Thank you one again, I know we will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We can't say enough about this gem of a B&B in the little town of Fethard, Tipperary. If you want to experience the real warmth and hospitality of the Irish people, you MUST take a couple days to stay at the Cozie!! The rooms and breakfast nook were added (by Willie who is a builder) to the original house just a few years ago - so you can feel independent) - and everything looks spic and span, brand new. When we arrived by taxi from Clonmel (a short 15 minute ride) Willie was outside in a minute with a huge welcoming smile and to help us with our bags. Everything was absolutely spotless, breakfast cooked to order, super shower with great water pressure - but the best part of our stay was getting to know Theresa and Willie. What wonderful people who truly love what they are doing and really make you feel at home from the moment you arrive! They offered suggestions for our two days in Fethard (famous for its 13th-15th century walls built around the town, an abbey dating from 1305, McCarth's pub, Jolly's cafe and the medieval erotic Sheela-na-gig scuplture you can still see on the wall by Water Gate) and even contacted a local priest to see if he could give us a clue on Irish ancestors. This is the place to stay if you are visiting Cashel, Cahir, Clonmel and have transportation, as it is close to all these historic towns. We could not make a reservation online, but Theresa answered our email enquiries immediately and did not ask for a deposit, - just to keep her posted in case plans changed. We had an incredible time here and hightly recommend it for those wanting an Irish experience way beyond sightseeing attractions and enjoying the natural beauty of Ireland.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
wotsmyname, Owner at Cozie B&B, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Many thanks for your lovely review, which we were thrilled to read, and we so appreciate you taking the time to write it.

I would just like to clarify though that reservations for our b&b can be made online through our website email address. Theresa.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My grandfather's family lived in Fethard for a short time and we had gone back to see if we could find where they lived and more about them. As soon as Theresa found out what we were looking for she immediately started to try to find people that could help us. Through her connections we found someone who had lived in the house (now gone) who met with us and showed us around. Recommend if you are looking for "roots" give Theresa a little advance notice and she may be able to assist you to contact the right person. Willie gave excellent directions on how to find some of the out of the way places we were looking for and advice on where to go when I needed some minor repairs to the car.
Wonderfully hospitable people and they made our 3 days in Fethard the highlight of our two weeks in Ireland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Here I am back where it all stared in 2009, yes this is my fifth visit to the wonderful world of The Cozie B&B accompanied this time by my husband John (his first visit). I'm not sure how Theresa & Willie do it but they amaze me with the improvements they continue to make, even since my last visit in 2012. As always the welcome Theresa & Willie had for me and John was just wonderful and this time we were greeted by the new addition to the family, the lovely cuddly Issy.
John is now going to continue this review.
Having seen many other similar places around the World I must say I was extremely impressed with what greeted me, homely friendly hosts, excellent accommodation with beautiful surroundings and very centrally situated. Everything Terri had told me about this wonderful couple since her first visit was true, it certainly is a home from home and I hope in the not too distant future to return and visit Theresa, Willie and Issy.

Room Tip: Just loved the "Blue" room, but every room is excellent with en-suite's to die for...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nuneaton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a wonderful 4 night stay 2 adults and 2 children with Theresa and Willie en route to Kerry. The en-suite family room was comfortable and very clean and the breakfasts were also excellent and nothing was too much trouble a real home from home. Fethard is a great base to tour Tipperary and Cozie is situated a short stroll from the town. It is a lovely town with great walks and the famous McCarthys bar serves excellent food. We would not hesitate to recommend Cozie and thank Theresa and Willie (and Izzy) for our memorable stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Great b&b looks just like the photos on the website. Nice big room, very comfy bed totally spotless, 5* ensuite bathroom. Tea an coffee making facilities. Huge breakfast plenty of choice of food. Theresa gave us a wonderful welcome we stayed just one night but it was lovely an I would go back again no problem. Not a lot of parking room I front of the house other than that no complaints an I couldn't suggest anything that would improve the house or the service.

• Stayed August 2013
Troy, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I discovered that my GGG Grandparents were married in Fethard, so I made it a stop on my itinerary. I wish I stayed longer. Theresa and Willie were wonderful folks, made us very welcome. They also offered to make a call on an elderly gent with knowledge about the town. We had to decline because of our short time in town. The rooms were comfortable and modern and clean, and breakfast was fine. Fethard itself is a gem of a town, a medieval walled city with many interesting attributes. All were in walking distance, though we drove anyway. I would certainly stay there next time in Fethard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Cozie B&B? Share your experiences!