“Radisson Blu - A gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo

You added Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ballincar, Rosses Point Road | Sligo, Ballincar, Sligo, Ireland (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballincar
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Milton, England, United Kingdom
“Radisson Blu - A gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Arrived 2 May for 5 nights. We had a wonderful relaxing stay. Staff very helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The bar served food which was really good as was the breakfast and we had a really nice meal in the restaurant. The hotel was kept very clean. Our room was comfortable with plenty of hanging space and draws and we had a fabulous view. Tea, coffee and hot chocolate in room and wine glasses and tall glasses with an ice bucket (nice touch). English channels are shown on TV. The bathroom had complimentary shampoo, shower gel and body lotion. There was a hair dryer and tissues. My spar experience was wonderful. The first hotel I have ever stayed in where I really couldn't fault anything. A special thanks to Ann on reception and to the Head Chef.

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor at the front.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Arrived on 5th May 2014 for 2 nights. On arrival at 4-4:30pm to check in we were advised by Receptionist that the room was not yet ready (it was dirty and had not been cleaned). We waited for 30 minutes and boy was she right the room was still dirty stains in the bath and stains on carpet and walls. Also no hot water to have a shower. No remote to work the television. I did report all this but it was not rectified. On checking out on 7th May I did once again make my feelings clear on the state of the room and the bathroom. The duty Manager advised if we had complained sooner we would have been moved. I DID COMPLAIN BUT NOTHING WAS DONE. She then advised us if we came and stayed again we would be upgraded to a better room but only if there was availability. Also she advised she was deducting 40 euros from the bill. I thought this was a four star hotel but I would rate it as a 2 star at the very most.

Room Tip: There was no air conditioning or radiator in room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Seamus_Preston, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Joan F,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay with us and thank you also for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. All on the team are terribly saddened and indeed embarrassed to view your feedback.

I am extremely disappointed to view your comments regarding the condition of the bedroom that you stayed in during your recent stay. Over the past 18 months we have carried out a considerable amount of soft refurbishment work to the property, including all of our 132 bedrooms and it is disappointing to read that this was not reflected in your own experience. I have addressed the areas you highlighted with the accommodation team and collectively we will ensure that this is not an issue with any guest in the future.

I can certainly understand your frustration in relation to your initial complaints not being acted upon when you first reported them to a member of the team. Our “Yes I can service” philosophy of delivering a memorable guest experience was clearly absent on this occasion and I am sorry that your comments were not resolved immediately when they were brought to our attention.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to speak to me last week and I was delighted to hear that over the years your numerous visits to this hotel have been of a positive nature and that your last visit is not consistent with your previous experiences.

As a frequent visitor to the area and to the Radisson Blu, I am thrilled that you will return to the hotel on your next visit to Sligo and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and having the opportunity to recover your confidence in our hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Seamus Preston
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This little gem of a hotel has everything that you could want for a fab weekend away. From the minute we arrived, we were greeted by extremely courteous and professional staff, in a beautifully maintained hotel. Things got even better from here on. The pleasant staff had us checked into our room efficiently and the rooms were beautiful. I have issues with cleanliness in any establishment and I am delighted to say that they not only met those expectations, they superseded them. There was a really nice vibe in the hotel - busy and well managed. The scenic setting for the hotel is none like any I have seen thus far. The landscape is beautiful and its only minutes away from Rosses point. The food was thoroughly enjoyable with a menu catering to all kinds of foodies. The restaurant experience was fab. Pleasant and efficient staff who checked in with us frequently to ensure everything was to our satisfaction. Will definitely be back to this beautiful hotel as soon as we get the chance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Roscommon, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Found this hotel to be overall very good, stayed here when we attended a show, my only recommendation is that they need to stop their guests smoking at the entrance of the hotel, very off putting, 2 of my friends smoked and even after the show when we were in the bar having a drink they had to go out to the front of the hotel to smoke,and that the service in the front bar could be a bit faster we waited 25mins in between our 1st & 2nd courses.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

CALGARY, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

From the moment I arrived at the Radisson Blu Sligo I was greeted by a well maintained and nicely appointed landscape, situated in a stunning mountain range near the Atlantic Ocean and only minutes into Sligo town. The first impression was followed by all the experiences you expect and hope for, which combine to bring you to the conclusion that this is a great place to stay. The check in experience was welcoming and efficient, the guest room spacious and clean, the bathroom said luxury. The hotel had a resort vibe - it was both restful with amenities that are engaging. At the Radisson Blu Sligo I had my cake and eat it too - literally - the icing on the cake was the award winning restaurant. On day two of my visit after spending time out exploring Sligo I made a point to get back for dinner again because the best restaurant was right there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed for 1 night and found the experience to be a very good one. The hotel was very busy on the evening I checked in but my check-in and general welcome was a good one. My room was on the ground floor and I would say if there's music in the bar you will also hear it in those bedrooms backing onto the bar area. I ate in the bar earlier in the evening and whilst portions were small the food was tasty. I did receive my starter (goat's cheese tartlet) on a slate though ...too many places are now serving food on non-delph items and it's not something I'm a fan of but only a small thing. The bar staff were a credit to the hotel. I stayed overnight on a work-related trip and the breakfast serves from 7am which is a great time. My stay was on a weekday night and I expect this hotel would be very busy at weekends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room off the ground floor and/or away from the bar area, in case there is live music plann...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Organised nine rooms for a group taking part in a charity cycle and not a single grumble. The man at reception was so helpful with check in, bike storage etc.The outside seating was put to good use as the weather and view were fantastic. Great variety of breakfast, good bar menu for dinner and very comfortable seats. The leisure centre was much appreciated by those with tired and aching muscles. Will definitely return again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo? Share your experiences!