“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rosses Point, Ballincar, Sligo , Ireland (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Ballincar
Atlanta
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel was very nice and had a lovely water view. I stayed one night in room 201 and it was fine. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The shower was good and it had a refrigerator. The breakfast and dinner buffets were very good. The staff was helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

749 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
monaghan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stopped off at this hotel for an afternoon and was very impressed by the warm welcome I received on entering. I decided to have a meal and this was excellent with top class service and very reasonable cost. The hotel was clean, fresh and busy which would make me consider staying for a longer period next time I am in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kinlochleven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at your hotel last week while attending a family wedding which was held in your hotel. We travelled from Scotland and stayed for 3 days bed and breakfast and we had a great time! The hotel is amazing, a fantastic location for a wedding. The meal at the wedding reception was out of this world! Our room was spotless and cleaned every day. We did use the pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room every day we were there, and this was very much appreciated for our sore heads on the Saturday morning after the wedding! All in all a lovely hotel which we hope to return to one day!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My stay at this hotel consisted of one night while heading to Northern Ireland. I figured I'd let the Radisson Blu family introduce me to their product. If anything, I should have learned from this stay that their customer service is just not up to par with the likes of Hyatt and Hilton. I will say that Radisson's Twitter Customer Service is outstanding and truly helped in the end.

My issues were as follows:
1) Paid and reserved a King size bed as availability existed
2) Arrived and checked into a King size room# ***, immediately called the front desk due
to a very strong odor of cigarette smoke which engulfed the room.
3) Agent at front desk to be unnamed here brought new keys to room# *** which turned out to be a smaller room with a queen size bed
4) I brought this to his attention and he mentioned he can move me
into another room. I explained that he should know what his hotel rooms
hold and that with an error on the hotel's part you move into a likewise
room or better immediately not on a 3rd try.
5) no TV remote
Mind you, I checked in at 9pm or so and the inconvenience at this time of night is more than one could imagine.

Upon checkout the following day I did not feel I received an adequate response and thus I reached out to Radisson's social media and customer care for a resolution which they handled perfectly.

Positive's:
Beautiful location just outside of Sligo
Rooms are a nice size and decor is nice. Do not expect a truly modern experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Roscommon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

stayed at this hotel recently for a family wedding, highly impressed. Beautiful hotel, clean and modern. Food was fantastic, both the wedding reception meal and the breakfast buffet were top class. We had small children with us and were accommodated in adjoining rooms which was great. Every staff member I dealt with was friendly and welcoming. Really couldn't fault it, hope to be back. I

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
N.Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel is situated in the shadow of Ben Bulben on a large well maintained mature site. Car parking facilities are excellent. The lobby is large, inviting and pleasantly furnished, Staff throughout the hotel are efficient and courteous and we felt welcome .
Our bedroom was business class, wide and spacious with all the facilities one would expect and the many little perks, like the coffee machine , selection of teas and coffee and the complimentary use of the thermal suite and internet connection were much appreciated.
The bed was large and comfortable and the bathroom housed the little luxuries which add to the enjoyment of an hotel visit.
The bedroom furniture in our room and the bed base was a little battered from constant usage and while it did not detract from the comfort, it is something which hotel management needs to consider.
We availed of the swimming and spa facilities which are first class and I personally was disappointed that I didn't have time to avail of any of the many pampering packages which are on offer and reasonably priced.( Perhaps next time !)
I was greatly looking forward to the breakfast and I was not disappointed, The hot and cold buffet served in the beautiful dining room had a varied selection , was appetising and offered a very good start to a long journey. Well done!
We are experienced travellers, though now getting on in years, and our expectations were met in this hotel. However, we were travelling mid week and before the peak season and things were reasonably quiet but I am confident that the hotel aims to offer the same quality of service when the tourist season is in full swing. Hopefully, we will return and experience it for ourselves.
Some of us want even more - and a sea view would have made our stay heavenly!

Room Tip: A sea view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

we stayed in this excellent hotel for a weekend recently. We were made to feel like regulars as soon as we walked in the reception even though it was our first time there. Ann and her staff certainly know what a Irish welcome means. Our room was lovely and front-facing allowing us a fantastic view over the sea. Food was very good, ( we ate in the bar twice) breakfast was excellent. We had a wonderful stay and I would certainly endorse this Hotel in a beautiful setting. I left behind two battery charges one for camera and one for phone, both were posted to my home in co. Down within a week, no charge, even though I offered to pay the postage. Now thats what I call service!

Room Tip: the only reason I did not rate the spa is that we did not make use of it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo? Share your experiences!