“Best B & B we have stayed at!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Willow Tree Cottage

Willow Tree Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glaslough
Willow Tree Cottage
You added Willow Tree Cottage to your Saves list
Glaslough, Glaslough, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Glaslough B&B and Inns
Essex, UK
“Best B & B we have stayed at!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at Willow Tree Cottage, and could not recommend it highly enough! We stayed upstairs in the Annex, and the room was spotless, with en suite bathroom. Within moments of arriving, we were made to feel like we were staying with friends. Breakfast was superb - and set us up for the day. We attended a wedding at Castle Leslie, which is conveniently located a stone's throw from the cottage. We wouldn't hesitate to tell family and friends to stay here for a relaxing break, in such a picturesque setting. Thank you again Claire and Trevor for your fantastic hospitality, hope to visit again in the not too distant future!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I wasn't aware that B&B's could be of such a high standard. If there is such a thing as a 5 star B&B , this would be top of the list. Trevor and Claire were most welcoming and instantly made you feel right at home. The room was spotless and very comfortable. I have enjoyed many good Irish breakfasts but never as good as the breakfast put on by Claire and Trevor. They even provided a vegetarian option cooked breakfast which also got a huge thumbs up. If I am at a wedding again in Castle Leslie, I will be looking for accomadation here before I even check the hotels availability. An absolute pleasure and I hope to return someday soon. 10/10

Room Tip: There is a seperate Mews with a couple of rooms. Ideal if you are attending a wedding and returning...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mullingar, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Willow Tree whilst attending a wedding in Castle Leslie. Trevor & Claire work as a team to make this a really top class establishment. Literally in the village, this is a fairly new residence, even of it fits in perfectly to its surroundings. The room ( upstairs in an annex) was spotless & comfortable. The breakfast choices were wide & whilst I didn't have the "full Irish" opting instead for scrambled eggs (served with chives from the garden & lovely mushroom), I can only imagine that it would have been perfect too. No shortage of tea, brown bread & croissants either!
A nice touch was the offer of more coffee before I commenced my journey home.
This B & B deserves to succeed and these are the standards that all B & B's should aspire too.

• Stayed June 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Cant recommend this B&B highly enough. Claire and Trevor were excellent to deal with right from booking the accomodation to our beer on arrival to filling us with food. Breakfast was top notch and it was great to have a proper pot of coffee too. Excellent value on top of it all. I had a wedding in castle leslie and wouldnt have swapped accomodation here for there. Full marks. Ross, Sydney

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

As with most other reviews there was 8 of us attending a wedding at Castle Leslie. Upon arrival we were greeted by Trevor and Claire. We were offered complimentary refreshments and shown to our room. The room was absolutely immaculate and spacious with en suite bathroom. We were 5 minutes walk away from the castle itself and 1 minute from the castle gates. A shuttle bus actually drops you back to the cottage from the castle which is a bonus. In the morning we were offered a wonderful selection of breakfasts and refreshments. I opted for the full Irish which was excellent. Even though my stay was a short one I was put right at ease with the warm and friendly personalities of Trevor and Claire. The quality of service was of a level I would come to expect from a top rated hotel. I actually felt compelled to, and did, pay more than the actual room price given the quality of my stay. If going to the castle for a wedding or just for staying in this area I would highly recommend this wonderful b&b. If I'm ever back in this area this is the first place I'll be trying to book! Connor

• Stayed April 2013
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

As with many of the other reviewers, we were attending a wedding in Castle Leslie. We stayed the first night in The Lodge and the second night in Willow Tree. Service was first class from Claires welcome, the quality of our room and the superb breakfast the following morning. Would recommend it for anyone attending a function in Castle Leslie or as a base to discover this very under-rated part of the north east.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I spent one night bed and breakfast on Saturday 16.03.13. When booking and on arrival we were welcomed like friends. The bedroom was warm and comfortable. The ensuite had a large shower. Breakfast was excellent. Everything was done with attention to detail and with a personal, friendly touch by the husband and wife owners, Martin and Claire. We would strongly recommend staying here at any time but particularly when attending a function in the nearby (500m) Castle Leslie estate which runs its own minibus shuttle. Sheila McCourt

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Willow Tree Cottage? Share your experiences!