my husband and I stayed 2 nights in the castle. we had a wonderful stay, the estate is breathtaking. It really is as other reviewers have said a truly unique experience. We were leaving on the day a lucky bride & groom were arriving to celebrate their wedding day with their friends and family. I wish we only knew about Castle Leslie when we got married last year. The staff are very friendly and their genuine warmth and welcome is what really sets this place apart from other places we have stayed.
The castle is a step back in time, the food in the restaurant is fantastic and the views over the lake are magical.
The Estate has a equestrian centre, treatment rooms, a Lodge and self catering. we ate in conors bar in the lodge for lunch and found the food and staff very good. I treated myself to a facial in the victorian treatment rooms, like other reviewers found it to be excellent. My husband decided he would try a gentle ride out at the equestrian centre and he found the experience excellent.
We both cant wait to return later in the year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The Old Stable Mews (12 two bed Mews) & Village Cottages (12 four and five bed cottages) are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private self catering.The Estate offers an idyllic setting for outdoor activity and adventure. It’s the perfect place to discover the thrill of exploring the countryside on horseback or foot. You can spend a few hours fishing on one of Ireland's best-preserved lakes. Alternatively, you might prefer to enjoy a massage in the Victorian Treatment Rooms at the end of an activity packed day or relax with a book in one of our many beautiful rooms. Other activities include Hot Air Balloon rides, carriage rides, kayaking, clay pigeon shooting, and the Kids Saddle Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan