This was one of the most relaxing places of our trip. We stayed in the castle & had 2 rooms (Blue room & Nursery). The staff were constantly cleaning the place. We had afternoon tea, massages, horseback riding, clay shooting and dinner at Snaffles. All of our food & experiences were top notch. We also had their breakfast & it was wonderful. I can't say enough about how wonderful & friendly the staff were. The property was so lovely and peaceful! The room windows opened to bring in fresh air & the rooms were quite spacious. The stable area was open & visitors could walk around and see the horses. Adorable little town nearby within walking distance. The beds were very comfortable, fluffy & cozy. we would definitely stay here again!!!! The only down side for us were the baths. No shower, only baths with a hand held shower head.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The Old Stable Mews (12 two bed Mews) & Village Cottages (12 four and five bed cottages) are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private self catering.The Estate offers an idyllic setting for outdoor activity and adventure. It’s the perfect place to discover the thrill of exploring the countryside on horseback or foot. You can spend a few hours fishing on one of Ireland's best-preserved lakes. Alternatively, you might prefer to enjoy a massage in the Victorian Treatment Rooms at the end of an activity packed day or relax with a book in one of our many beautiful rooms. Other activities include Hot Air Balloon rides, carriage rides, kayaking, clay pigeon shooting, and the Kids Saddle Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan