Stayed in the Castle twice now, different rooms each time. They are all different so its great to experience them all.
You really do experience a proper castle experience - there's no TV's in the rooms (which is fantastic i think), there's no showers (not sure if this is all of them, but in the two i stayed, there was none. But there's shower rooms on each floor, although you need to be on the shorter side to use them, i was banging my head off teh shower head and i'm not overly tall 5'9). The beds are amazingly comfy, you never want to leave them! Rooms are great as decorated so different. We were in the Chinese Room (1st floor) the second time we stayed and it was noisey with the old water pipes and then cars coming up the drive to the reception. Ear plugs are great. The previous room was quietier and funnyily enough it was called the Calm Room on lower ground floor, it had a jacuzzi bath (which didnt work, we told recep at the time). Breakfast was great the 1st time but went abit downhill the second time we were there in April. It was still a fab breakfast but the selection wasn't as good. We also had afternoon tea, it was fun and delicious. Teh walks aroudn teh castle are fantastic, its very tranquil and relaxing, not alot of ppl around. I don't hink i wuold like it as much if there was a wedding on.
We used the cinema room one night and had it all to ourselves!
We've used the Spa a few times in Castle Leslie, loved it everytime.
We're planning to go back before the end of the year again, going to try a different room and ask for a lake view, they would be at the back and hopefully abit more quiet.
Staff are great, Eoin was so nice. Reception and waitress are great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The Old Stable Mews (12 two bed Mews) & Village Cottages (12 four and five bed cottages) are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private self catering.The Estate offers an idyllic setting for outdoor activity and adventure. It’s the perfect place to discover the thrill of exploring the countryside on horseback or foot. You can spend a few hours fishing on one of Ireland's best-preserved lakes. Alternatively, you might prefer to enjoy a massage in the Victorian Treatment Rooms at the end of an activity packed day or relax with a book in one of our many beautiful rooms. Other activities include Hot Air Balloon rides, carriage rides, kayaking, clay pigeon shooting, and the Kids Saddle Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan