Castle Leslie is the real deal Irish Castle Experience. Walk through ancient heavy doors; Riding/hunting Closet on your left (about the size of my entire apartment) huge burning fireplace on your right. Museum Quality furnishings, paintings and tapestries in every room and hallway. Spectacular manicured lawns and sculptures. A peaceful and quiet private lake with trails. We went riding with a small group, riding well-bred and healthy horses stabled on the property. We selected our room (the mauve room) because of its furnishings, and interior design (fireplace next to the deep soaking tub, why not?) but sneaking a peek into other open rooms in the castle.... Every room is amazing and has unique charm and character. This is a truly one of a kind place, perfect for a romantic getaway or small group looking for a private and peaceful destination in a historic setting. Give yourself plenty of time here and don't stay fewer than 3 nights.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel
- Castle Leslie
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The Old Stable Mews (12 two bed Mews) & Village Cottages (12 four and five bed cottages) are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private self catering.The Estate offers an idyllic setting for outdoor activity and adventure. It’s the perfect place to discover the thrill of exploring the countryside on horseback or foot. You can spend a few hours fishing on one of Ireland's best-preserved lakes. Alternatively, you might prefer to enjoy a massage in the Victorian Treatment Rooms at the end of an activity packed day or relax with a book in one of our many beautiful rooms. Other activities include Hot Air Balloon rides, carriage rides, kayaking, clay pigeon shooting, and the Kids Saddle Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splendia, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.