“Outstanding bAr service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pillo Hotel Ashbourne

You added Pillo Hotel Ashbourne to your Saves list
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Rath, Ashbourne, Ireland (Formerly Ashbourne Marriott Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ashbourne
Kildare, Kildare, Ireland
“Outstanding bAr service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed there on weekend , service in bar was exceptional , the manager was very obliging, Ritchie, and really made our stay , rooms were well appointed and rate was good value for money , keep up the good work ritchie

• Stayed April 2014
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Denise M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor.

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be good value for money. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the Management & Staff especially Richard our Bar Manager.

Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Pillo Hotel & Spa Ashbourne in the future.

Regards,
Darrell Penney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed here for the weekend 22nd of March and was very impressed. The Receptionist was extremely friendly and informative, the Family Room was really a great size and very comfortable and the pool was also excellent. Breakfast Bufet was extensive and very tasty and the service was excellent - even though the hotel was busy with a Strictly Come Dancing event. All in all, very enjoyable. Hope to stay there again soon. :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Orlagh C,

I wish to thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us on trip advisor.

Obviously I was delighted to read such positive comments and feedback. It appears you made good use of all the on-site facilities and that you found all to be of a very high standard which pleases me most.

I have passed on your feedback to the Management and staff here at the hotel who in turn will take great pleasure and pride from same.

Many thanks once again, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Swords, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed an overnight stay there last Saturday night as part if a group of 12, the hotel staff could not have been more helpful, nothing was too much trouble, the room and the leisure facilities were excellent. We will definitely be returning.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Anne Marie S,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at The Pillo Hotel Ashbourne.

I was delighted to read how much you and your group very much enjoyed your time with us. I was very pleased to read such wonderful comments with regard to our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Regards,
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Just on a stay over , had wedding in other hotel close by.
Nice hotel , friendly staff . Good location with late resident bar , not like the usually ones that close at 2 , just went B&B
Breakfast was ok ............

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Shell76,

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and pleased with our late night residents bar.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Pillo Hotel in the future..

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed in the Pillo Ashbourne on the w/e of the 28/02/14, we were on a two BB+1D package. The hotel was great, the rooms, pool, and bar were great, we booked the restaurant for Friday night for 9 of us as it was mine and my friends 54 birthday. some of our party ordered the salmon and myself and my wife and 1 of our friends ordered the sirloin steak. When the steak arrived the presentation left a lot to be desired. the plate was put in front of us with a lot of skinny chips you would give a kid and the steak thrown across the top of the chips, no veg, no mushrooms very bland, we complained but to no avail, the next day we complained to reception who put us in contact with the restaurant manager who apologised and informed us we should have received mushrooms and onion rings with the steak, as the booking was already paid for in advance we were offered a voucher which was to be posted out to us, to pay a supplement for a meal and then to have it presented substandard is unacceptable, still waiting on vouchers.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Seamas54,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on Trip advisor.

I was delighted to read your positive comments with regard to the hotel in particular the rooms, pool and the bar. Obviously I was disappointed with the feedback with regard to the steak served in the restaurant. Apologies, I have passed your comments onto the Food & Beverage team who will review same and ensure there is no repeat of this mistake.

With regard to the vouchers, I would be obliged if you could forward me your contact details and I will have the Restaurant Manager contact you directly and swiftly resolve. You can send your details to me at darrell.penney@pillohotelashbourne.com.

Thank you once again for the much valued feedback, I look forward to hearing from you.

Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Terrible hotel.
This hotel is running on a budget.
Service is bad. Food is very poor. It's bad when the soup is served Luke warm and you have to ask for bread with it, the pool was cold and no heating on in the changing rooms.
The rooms had no samples of shower gels, lotions or shower caps. I won't be recommending it.
I stayed in this hotel from 7th -9th mar 2014

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mamaduck26,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on tripadvisor.

Obviously I was extremely disappointed when reading through your comments and feedback. A lot of the issues mentioned would be considered extremely basic and I'm keen on finding out more details about your stay so I can investigate further and revert to you.

I would be most obliged if you could email me your contact details to darrell.penney@pillohotelashbourne.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed in the Pillo on 7-9 March on the 2night dinner bed and breakfast which was 179 euro great price for this deal. The menu for dinner 3 course meal had great choices which i was surprised at, both had wings for starters which were lovely would of loving a few more, dinner i had pork belly with mash and My boyfriend had steak and chips both delicious, desert was amazing love the little touches on the plate choc fudge cake and trio of ice cream. Breakfast many options, the scrambled egg was like mush only fault i had here . The hotel and pool is amazing . a DJ would be great in this hotel as the entertainment wasnt great, i love the hotel my 2nd time here just wish it was closer to shops/pubs/clubs as 20 - 25 min walk to village. Over all great hotel

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Xxmgdl,,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor..

I was delighted to read how much you both enjoyed your stay and your review of your experience in the restaurant is very pleasing indeed. Apologies for the poor quality of the scrambled egg. I will gladly pass on your comments to the Head Chef & Food Services team.

Delighted also that you made use of our pool and leisure facilities during your stay.

Thank you once again for the much valued feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Pillo Hotel Ashbourne in the near future.

Darrell Penney

Been to Pillo Hotel Ashbourne? Share your experiences!