“Well located hotel for touring in Meath and Dublin areas” 4 of 5 stars

Ashbourne House Hotel
Main Street, Ashbourne, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ashbourne
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Well located hotel for touring in Meath and Dublin areas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

basic facilitie in bedrooms but adequate for overnight stays, breakfast was excellent freshly cooked and friendly staff, We had our evening meals in the bar great choice and excellent quality beware very generous portions in both starter and main meal.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This used to be a great hotel. I haven't been in it in years until recently. The food was barely adequate. All I can say is that hunger is a good sauce. The side salad was tired and limp. The coleslaw tasted like it was almost gone off. I didn't dare eat any more of it. I ordered tea and the milk jug has encrusted stake milk stains on it.
Very disappointed and disgusted. The whole place seems grotty.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

Stayed here with my wife to attend a gig being held in the hotel the restaurant food was excellent but the accommodation was very poor rooms were smelly dirty and the noise levels was unbearable. Would never stay again!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Leyburn, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

Ashbourne house offers great value for money. I slept well in a quiet room overlooking the car park. My evening meal in the bar was more than I could eat, well coked and quickly served. Cooked breakfast was included and most enjoyable. Only moan, the shower cubicle had no door only a curtain which billowed in and stuck to me. Sorry that's not nice!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Lisburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2015

My husband and i had a great time there for his birthday over the Valentine's weekend the room and food was beautiful. We had been there a few years ago and loved it and said we would go back. We are thinking of going back in May for my birthday that's how much we enjoyed it!

Room Tip: Top floor last room to the back of hotel!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

I have stayed in a lot of places but this place was unbelievable, the noise all night despite ringing reception to complain on several occassions, couples fighting, shouting, trying the handle on my door because they could not even find their own rooms. Walls paper thin you could hear the conversations going on with the people next to you.The noise went on all night i would say up until 6.30 am in the morning, a total disgrace when you have a long journey ahead the next day., When i said to the receptionist in the morning she looked very surprised which i find hard to believe because i have read the reviews now and it seems this is a regular happening in this hotel, obviously the owner does not seem to care about their customers....I am a regular visitor to Ashbourne and i would sleep in the car next time before i would even consider staying in this place. Also rooms are quite dated and bathrooms old and disgusting just disappointing all round.
The only positive about the hotel is the nice staff.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car, way better idea than booking a room at this hotel, or try the Pilo hotel just aro...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Drogheda, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

I have stayed here a number of times before and had never had a negative experience. I stayed here again on valentines day with my boyfriend we got a great deal, had a great meal in the loft restaurant and the room was lovely no problems there. However we were woken up at 2am by a couple arguing extremely loudly shouting screaming throwing things and banging in the room next to us. I was very scared and intimidated and didn't want to leave the room to complain so tried ringing reception from the phone in the room which I then learned didn't work. I had to look up the number for the hotel and ring off my mobile. I told reception my room number and a very nice man from the hotel tried a number of times to calm the man down in failing to do so he called the gards and had the man removed. After this his girlfriend continued screaming and banging doors until 5am. My boyfriend and I both barely slept and it ruined our night. I do understand that this is not the fault of the hotel however when leaving we were not asked how our stay was and had no apologies for being kept up all night. I noticed some people were sitting downstairs and in fear of it being them that kept us up I didn't want to complain in front of them. Staff should have been informed of our complaint from our room number and some sort of apology at least should have been given. We unfortunately will not be back any time soon.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Ashbourne House Hotel? Share your experiences!