“Great fun” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for young children
6 attraction reviews
“Great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

This was alot better than what I expected, the activities are really different from a normal theme park. Zip lines, air walks, climbing walls and more and all suited adults and kids.

cork
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I was looking forward to going to tayto park since it opened and I only got to go last week. I have to say it was brilliant .brought my two kids eight and two and they loved it. Loads to see and do and a special mention to all the staff who were all very helpful and friendly a credit to tayto park. I can't wait to go again

“Brilliant kids day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Had an absolutely fantastic day here today. The manager was absolutely superb and so helpful as one of my sons has aspergers syndrome. He gave me a card and told me to let staff know at the start of each ride and enabled my son to gain fast entry on each ride without having to queue. The weather was great as well and as this is mostly outdoor to enjoy you day to the fullest you should probably go on a day when the weather forecast is good. It caters for a range of age groups from toddler to 14 year olds. Will definitely return. There is also a lot of picnic tables if you want to take a picnic. Also photos are taken on the zip line and you can purchase these if u want. Or you can take plenty of pics yourself especially one with mr tayto.

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Its all about the money not about the customers!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife and two young daughters visited the Tayto park for the first time in July 2012. It looks good but like most things you cannot judge these things by looks alone. The staff are very nice albeit they are all very young and the lack of mature staff to work with parents and children is noticeable. We simply did not feel that our children were safe with the young inexperienced staff with no older staff to be seen anywhere. The staff I suspect are not very well paid and as so often happens with poorly run attractions there is a noticeable absence of senior management about. Our daughters went on the skywalk(?) for the first time in their lives and received no induction about how to use it properly or what to do in the event of them becoming afraid. Our youngest 9 year old has to be taken down when she started crying moving on her own across the highest parts. It is very clear that the philosophy of the park is one of getting money from the customers with no customer care frorm senior management to back it up. Don’t get me wrong the young staff are very nice and helpful but they do need the support and guidance of more senior managers who are conspicuous by their absence. I will not criticise the staff on the ground as in all cases the overall success of any business lies with the management team who in my opinion have simply left the staff to get on with it as best they can. This is a clear money pinching short term recipe for failure. Tayto have obviously forgot the basics about customer care and have produced a wonderful facility at some considerable expense and then simply left it to manage itself. Business cannot operate that way successfully in the longer term and unless this changes we will not be going back. Management needs to MANAGE not abandon staff and their customers in the misplaced belief that both will work it out. Very disappointed.

Visited July 2012
Co Down
“Very impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Exceeded my expectations!! My husband and I took our two kids aged 2.5 and 5 there. The sun was shining and no rain which always helps. It was very busy but the staff was very nice and parking etc is well managed. Play park is great, good restaurant and coffee tree house and outdoor mini BBQ restaurant. Plenty of places to have a picnic aswell. Toilets at different stops throughout the park.

A very pleasant walk around the park past lots of animals, play areas, sandpits and lakes with ducks etc. We spent four hours there easy. For older kids there is large slids, bouncy swings, etc wich do cost a couple of euro extra and do involve long queues on busy days but we definitely enjoyed our day and thought it was value for money.

My kids had a ball and we had a very relaxing and fun day out and cant wait to go back.

Visited August 2012