“Confirmation Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: JUST 15 MINUTES FROM THE M50 WITH PANORAMIC VIEWS OF COUNTIES MEATH, DUBLIN AND LOUTH AND THE COOLEY PENINSULA, YOU CAN TAKE IT ALL IN OVER A DELICIOUS MEAL.Restaurant Opening TimesBREAKFAST MENU:Monday-Friday 10.30am-12pmSaturday / Sunday 10am – 12pmLUNCH MENU:Monday-Saturday 12-2.45pmA LA CARTE:Monday-Saturday 3-10pmSunday & Bank Holidays 1-9pm
“Confirmation Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Go here regular for dinner and cannot recommend it enough. Went for our kids confirmation dinner and with 14 of us we were all looked after very effentially by the staff. Everyone enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Great menu for kids which includes desert for a good price. While we always book to be sure of a table they have a lovely little bar that you can sit in while you wait. They also have a courtesy bus home if you're out for a night with friends and are enjoying a few drinks!! A+++++

Ratoath, Ireland
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Had dinner here earlier this week and sat outside to enjoy the heat wave we were having. It's been some time since we were last here and it has gotten even better! We shared a chicken wing starter and I had the stir fried beef strips and my wife had the tempura prawns for our mains. All of the food was top quality and service was very good. The views across the landscape from this raised location on a nice sunny summer evening are very nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Carlow
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Have eaten here a few times it surprises me everytime I go in, you expect average as the place is so homely and not overly modern so you expect to just have what you get in your local, but yet the food it out of this world. It should not be passed!!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
County Meath, Ireland
“Excellent in every way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Absolutely love the snailbox. Location is great, food is excellent and the atmosphere in the place is just fab. So much on the menu to choose from and everything I've tried so far have been gorgeous. Staff really friendly with excellent manner. Not a bad word to say about it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Excellent food, rooms need serious attention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We visited the Snail Box recently with a group of friends for the birthday of one of them. There were thirteen of us in all and we were booked in for dinner and bed and breakfast. From the outset I have to say the Snail Box has a lovely location overlooking rolling hills and countryside and the bar and restaurant are well laid out and nicely decorated. The food was outstanding and it couldn't be faulted. There is a brilliant choice on the menu definitely one of the most comprehensive menu's I have come across.

We got a lovely table by the window. The waitress was very nice and the service was very good considering how many of us were there all with different orders. After the meal we went in to the bar and there was a young guy playing the guitar which we were delighted with as the music added to our enjoyment of the night. I think my husband said he actually works in the Snail Box also. The only damper on that part of the night (and it was just a small one) was that when the gang put my name up to sing and he called me up eventually he made quite a rude comment to me. I know wasn't sober but I sing in a band at home and often people ask me to sing a song. He had called a few guys before me to sing and had been very nice to them. Anyway I wouldn't fault the Snail Box for this and I sang my few songs and as I said the music was very good.

Now the downpoint of our experience was the accommodation. We were in an upstairs room. there were bad stains on the carpet going up the stairs, the carpet in our room was very shabby, the room was really really dark. The rooms would definitely need a bit of an overhaul. The bed was comfortable and there was a large bathroom though the bath was a bit slippy when we were showering.

Overall though I would highly recommend the Snailbox for a meal but I wouldn't really recommend it for accommodation. Breakfast the following morning was first class also

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere