“Great stay - again !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Galway, Ireland
“Great stay - again !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This is a great family hotel ; we stayed for the second time with our toddler & the rooms are a great size for a busy toddler to run around! Staff are very friendly and helpful - will definitely be staying again !

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed here when at my sisters wedding last Saturday, The rooms were huge and really modern. The function room was fantastic and there was a real sort of "Holiday" feel to the place. The waterfall outside looked amazing and just added to the atmosphere. The waiting staff were great and the duty manager Claire was very friendly and constantly on the go helping the rest of the staff and monitoring the evening and managed it all very well. The Bartenders Shane & Jacqui were fantastic, very alert , friendly and when it got busy they were very fast behind the bar. Fairplay to them all. A great hotel altogether! =]

Room Tip: A view of the waterfall is great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Well with being the maid of honour, it was a tough job to try and arrange a hen party to suit everyone including the mother of the bride. But from the moment I contacted the Osprey they were absolutely amazing. Liz in reservations responded promptly to every email (and there was plenty) and was able to help with any requests I had.
When we arrived, check in was quick and easy, both girls on reception were a pleasure to deal with. I was able to get up to the room and decorate it before the bride to be arrived. Some rooms were not ready but we were fine as we chilled out and had lunch in the lobby, which was gorgeous.. I had bags for all the girls attending the hen, and the hotel arranged for them to be left in each of their rooms which went down a treat.
Our rooms were amazing, especially the upgraded room for the bride to be, the room which had two different floors was such a nice touch, and having a seperate sitting room was ideal for us girls to all have a quick drink before heading to dinner. The bride to be was blown away by her room which I was delighted with.
We headed to the spa in the afternoon where everyone was booked in for treatments, they went down a storm, Emma my therapist gave the most wonderful relaxing facial, and I loved my manicure afterwards. We all chilled out then in the thermal suite and hydro jet pool afterwards...
Our meal was in the Statler Bar, where there was a reserved area, we had to remove our sashes that we were wearing, which i wasn't happy about, cause if you cater for hen parties, you have to realise there is going to be some dressing up. You wouldn't cater for weddings, and tell the bride not to wear a white dress!! I think I would have preferred the meal to be in the restaurant instead of the bar, as it kind of didn't work in the bar, but our waitress Colette was a brilliant girl, was very good at her job along with the rest of the bar staff.
We headed off the club quite early, as there was no music in the bar, and no atmosphere, which was disappointing, but I rang the nightclub before we headed over, and they arranged for us to be in the VIP room, which was ideal, as it had it's own little dancefloor and dj who was absolutely brilliant, and kept the 90's tunes going most of the night for us!! He really made the night for us.

Breakfast in the morning was lovely, and as it was one of the girls birthdays, they had stored her birthday cake for us to surprise her over breakfast and all the staff came out with her cake and sang happy birthday..it was a lovely ending to it all.

So overall our stay was very good, but I do think that the meal should have been either in a private area where we could wear our hen party gear (none of which was crass) or the restaurant. But the staff are very good at their jobs, fantastic customer service and the rooms were excellant, we hope to return again in the future for a girlie break again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed at the osprey recently for a work night out. The two girls at reception were lovely very friendly and helpful. The rooms are fabulous so big and we didn't hear a thing! The bathroom especially the bath is amazing. We ate in the Mash restraunt and for a set menu it was satisfactory nothing spectacular!!! Very good selection for breakfast and we found it fresh and hot. I would not hesitate in booking the osprey again beautiful hotel

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Newport, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here for a hen night recently (we were very well behaved!) and wasn't expected too much from the hotel. However, I was very pleasantly surprised! It's very nice, the staff are exceptionally friendly and the rooms are gorgeous, really really nice bathrooms with nice tubs and lovely large showers. Food in the restaurant was ok and breakfast was fine, good coffee. Would have liked to have tried the spa but didn't get time. Would definitely think about going back for a relaxing break. Probably a bit loud if you're staying over the bar when there's a band but in fairness, they're not going to play all night. Would recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at the Osprey hotel whilst on a business trip. It was recommended by the company we were visiting. They could not have chosen better!
When we arrived at the hotel the staff were friendly and welcoming and checked us in quickly and efficiently.
When I arrived at my room I was gobsmacked; it was huge! The bathroom was out of this world and I had to take a swim in the beautiful free standing bath. The bed was very comfortable, there was a lovely balcony which overlooked the grounds. The gym and pool were reasonable.
We only ate breakfast in the hotel as we went out for dinner. It was nothing spectacular but it filled us satisfactoraly for the day ahead.
I have to say that the late barman was fantastic! I had a sprained ankle and was in a lot of pain so he got me EXTRA ice for my gin and tonic, he was a star. You can't stay in Ireland without reviewing the Guinness - it was very well kept :-)
I will definitely stay here again when I return on business.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Food was very poor in the Mash Restaurant, did not eat most of my meal, breakfast was poor also the next morning.
Rooms were big, bathrooms were gorgeous, but rooms were very noisy, could hear tv on in other room, could hear people outside in the smoking area at 4am. Rooms were VERY hot and the airconditioning did not work so little sleep had on my relaxing night away!!
On good note, staff were friendly and helpful

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Osprey Hotel? Share your experiences!