“Lovely” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Lovely 2 night stay with hubby and 6 month old baby. Large room, bathroom lovely with separate shower and free standing bath. Breakfast was great both mornings and although restaurant busy we never had any wait for table and breakfast buffet was good. Pool area standard, kiddies pool good for baby though! Location good for Dublin and Kildare shopping village.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dan H, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hello H0lidays36

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your recent visit to the Osprey on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially your bathroom. We are happy that you got to use our facilities and that you found them sufficient.
We hope to welcome you back to the Osprey in the future.

Dan Horan
Guest Relations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Room was excellent very clean and modern, the pool and gym are as always great. Have to admit the reason we use the hotel so often is because of the bar area and because of the nightclub only a few steps away (although we dont use the nightclub that much) no complaints at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Brendan M

Thank you for taking the time to leave the Osprey some feedback on Trip Advisor.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and in particular your room, our leisure centre and the Statler Bar.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Dan Horan
Guest Relations.
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Top Class Hotel really enjoyed our stay. We got a lovely upgrade on arrival stayed or 2 nights really enjoyed and made the most of the facilities really enjoyed the leisure centre. The restaurant was a bit under pressure for dinner and had a bit of a wait but really did not mind. I must give a special thanks to susan on reception who is a great asset to the hotel and gave us a lot of information on arrival.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Ke Q

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Osprey Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your upgrade and our facilities. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to Susan and I hope to welcome you back to us very soon.

Drogheda, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Room and bathroom amazing. Reception staff however very dismissive. Couldn't get a table in restaurant. Told very bluntly and no effort to guide us to another eatery. Breakfast tasteless but staff lovely. 2nd time here won't be in a hurry back.

Room Tip: We overlooked inner courtyard very noisy until after 3 am. Ask for room on other side if possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rushem

I wish to thank you for leaving your feedback here on Tripadvisor. My apologies if you felt you were dismissed by our Reception staff. I have passed on your feedback to our Front Office Manager to review and she will contact with you directly. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the Osprey a few times with my partner, room are great and bathrooms very spacious. It can be a bit noisey when weddings are on so if travelling as a couple ask for a quieter room at the higher floors on the outer side of the hotel. I have also eaten here many times over the years with family and recently noticed the bar menu food is not as good now. The menu has been the same for years but I suspect they may have a new chef who is not putting that TLC to the food served in the bar. The bar menu needs revamping and the food portions and quality needs reviewing. They used to do a great curry but no longer.
However the breakfasts here are to die for they are done very well and breakfast staff are very pleasant.
Sort out the bar food and menu that would be my suggestion.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dennis S

Thank you for your lovely compliments and your constructive feedback which is greatly appreciated. We are in the middle of launching our new Bar Menu and I do hope to welcome you back very soon to sample it.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Well done to the Osprey in Naas on providing both great service and great food to my daughters debs group. I have heard so many reports of bad service and mediocre food being served to debs by many of the supposedly 'good' hotels in dublin and surrounding counties both last year and this but my faith has finally been restored that there are still some hotels with integrity, who regardless of the age group or event are prepared to provide both the service and quality of food that we are all entitled to expect.
Well done Osprey.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Gemma6565

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on Tripadvisor. I was glad to read that your daughter received great service and food at her debs. Again, thank you for your feedback which is greatly appreciated.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I stay here quite regularly for business trips and always enjoy my stays, staff , food & facilities are always of a very high standard. They have free wifi for guests of the hotel, I always enjoy this hotel out of all others I stay in as for the price you pay you definitely get your money's worth, after a long day working its great to have free use of the spa, pool , gym as other hotels can charge for this or do not offer this. But this stay has prompted me to write this review, I was lucky enough to get one of their newly decorated rooms which was fabulous (The rooms were very nice before). It's great to see such a busy hotel investing back into its self.

Well done osprey

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Francis R

Thank you for your kind words about the Osprey Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Your continuing support of the Osprey is very much appreciated and I do look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.

Guest Relations

Been to Osprey Hotel? Share your experiences!