“average all round” 2 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Devoy Quarter, Naas, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Naas
“average all round”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We availed of the 'thank osprey its friday' deal which seem liked a great deal, meal was nice, room was extremely hot, tried to turn the aircon on it made loads of noise but didnt seem to do much, spa was very average, wifi didnt work we rang reception they just told us to put in the code but it was so weak our tablets or phones would not connect. When we left we asked could we pay the total bill, the next day I got a call 'sorry we need to charge you more' ???????

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear CarrieC88

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Tripadvisor. I’m sorry you feel the ‘Thank Osprey It’s Friday’ Package was not a good deal, we generally have positive feedback on this package. The extra charge was for the additional treatments you received and it was a courtesy call to check you received these treatments so it wasn’t just charged to your card. I do apologise for the mix up and I hope to welcome you back to the Osprey Hotel.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

A nice hotel just a few minutes walk from Naas town centre. The room was very nice - plenty of space with a huge bed and a roll top bath. We could hear the nightclub when it got started but it wasn't a big nuisance and I liked the blackout curtains which ensured a good nights sleep. We got a weekend deal - 2 nights b&b, 2 mini spa treatments and one evening meal which was good value. The spa was really fabulous - two saunas with different temperatures, steam room, salt grotto, cryotherapy room, foot baths and relaxation room. You could spend hours there! Remember to bring a swimming cap since you need one to use the pool. The staff in the spa as well as the hotel reception and bar were really busy but went out of their way to be welcoming and friendly. We had mentioned my husband running a race that weekend and several members of staff followed up the next day asking how he got on which was lovely. The food in Mash restaurant was mainly good - the duck liver pate and panfried cod were excellent - the only real complaint was the crumble tart which had been microwaved and was soggy - yuk! Breakfast buffet was nice but average however the fresh mini croissants were fantastic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pound_Witch

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Tripadvisor. We are very proud of our staff and their friendliness and that seems to come across to all our guests. I am glad you had a good time during your trip to Naas and I hope you will return in the near future.

belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I found this hotel on google and thought I'd give it a go! emailed to book and had great service, arrived very early and were told our room wasn't ready, this didnt bother us in the slightest, as wee were going to have a bite to eat first anyways in the bar. food was awful in the bar to b honest, I had fish and chips and it was obviously frozen fish deep fried which made it very rubbery! I didnt eat it and explained to the waitress, and she just said ok I will tell the chef?
so, went then to get checked in, and were told we had been upgraded to a suite which was lovely! I had already informed them it was our anniversary so was a excellent extra touch. room was amazing, upstairs and a downstairs, walk in shower and free standing bath in the bedroom and an outside hot tub on the balcony! ! this was one of the most luxurious rooms wee have ever stayed in. tho just to mention, sofa was a little bit worn, as were carpets, and balcony was a little bit slippy with moss, joys of living in our climate!!
spa facilities were lovely, didnt actually have a treatment done, but used thermal suite, kept extremely clean and tidy, bliss!
wee had dinner in mash restaurant that evening, which to be honest I was dreading after lunch in the bar, but have to say had the most amazing meal. even my husbands rare steak was cooked to perfection which is always hard to get right!! also staff were more than happy to bring our desserts up to our room Because we were so full up!!
breakfast next morning was nice, would have liked maybe some soda bread to go with my fried egg but overall very fresh hot food constantly replenished.

had a lovely night away with my husband, thanks to a nice, modern hotel and excellent staff looking after us, hopefully be back this june again for our anniversary! ! its only taken me 8months to write this!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RachelBelfast

I wish to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit to the Osprey Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your upgrade and overall stay. We have recently refurbished the hotel so you will hopefully see improvements on your visit in June. We look forward to welcoming you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for 1 night, hotel is lovely, great staff, bout 5 mins walk to the centre. Spa, gym, swimming is great, very clean. Maybe drink is bit overprice but else it's a lovely hotel! Open buffet for breakfast, nightclub beside it but its not noisy at night time.

Stayed September 2012
Dear Vimal86

Many thanks for your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

When I think of the price we paid to stay in this hotel and how many other nicer hotels we could have stayed in for the same money I feel a little bit sick. We arrived as 2 couples at the start of February for a 2 night stay and our rooms were upgraded which meant they had an upstairs and a downstairs section. My Brother in Law and his partner had to make a complaint on the first night because there room was so cold they were unable to sleep in it. It also had 3 or 4 electric heaters around the room so the heating obviously wasn't working. It was the same in the bar, I looked around and could count 6 people with their jackets on during our first night when I asked the barman to knock on the heating he asked me why, I told him because it was cold. Asking any of the staff to do anything for you was like asking for a personal favour by anything I mean from ordering a drink to ordering food. Not one of them seemed interested in serving the customers that were paying their wages. Also 2 of the rooms in the spa were out of order on the Saturday which took away from the experience. There were also about 10-15 empty bottles of alcohol and water left on a table near the lift at our room, I mentioned this at reception but even when we were leaving on Sunday the rubbish was still there.

Definitely wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mullingar, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

During a recent stay at The Osprey Hotel, Naas, I encountered hotel staff who were willing to "go the extra mile" to assist me when I needed to arrange unexpected repairs to my car. The reception staff,especially Rene,made numerous phone calls on my behalf and made a stressful situation easier for me. It is obvious that the customer comes first for every member of staff that I encountered, which added to the lovely surroundings and delicious food makes recommending this hotel easy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Maeve_1980

Many thanks for your lovely compliments regarding our staff. We are very proud of our staff at the Osprey. It is only with every department working together we can ensure a pleasant experience for our guests. I will be sure to pass on your words to Rene and our team. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel is a real gem. It is european modern design tasetfully so. Rooms are spacious and clean. Most with balconies. Wonderful spa and exercise facilities. I have stayed here numerous times for business travel ( close to work) but cant wait to bring my wife she will love it. Most importantly it is the staff. From the pleasant greetings at the front desk, bartends in the Statler bar or Mash resturant everyone is tops in caring for thier guests as if they knew them forever. Naas is a great town with more varity in cuisine than i have seen in some small US cities. Irish,French,German,Italian,Thai, Indian,American and more. Rate is extremely low for what you get in service and ammenities. If you are staying in county Kildare you owe it to yourself to give this place a try. And yes the Guiness is better in Ireland and the pour a perfect pint here. I paid 78 euro per nite including full breakfast and internet.

Room Tip: They have several suites with exterior hot tub on balcony. Call ahead to the manager and ask about...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear STEPHENW88

Many thanks for that lovely review and for your continuing support of the Osprey Hotel. I am glad that you availed of all the facilities and had the opportunity to enjoy them. Your comments about our staff are much appreciated and help keep everyone motivated. I will be sure to pass on your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon and hopefully your wife will get the chance to visit with you.

Guest Relations

Been to Osprey Hotel? Share your experiences!