I was a guest at a wedding a few days ago. I attended with a friend and we booked single accommodation as soon as we got the invitation. We decided to travel the day before and what a good decision that was as we had such a lovely time. We arrived early afternoon to this very elegant hotel. The entrance hall is very impressive with beautiful furnishings and gorgeous chandeliers. The staff were welcoming and helpful and we were shown to very spacious tastefully furnished bedrooms with lovely bathrooms.
After a delicious cup of tea in our rooms we visited the spa in the grounds of the hotel. My friend had booked a massage treatment on arrival and I went for a swim, steam and sauna.The gym and pool areas are well equipped and staffed. Swimming lessons were on but the pool is spacious and there was plenty of room for each swimmer.
I was so impressed with how my friend enjoyed her massage that I booked for the next morning. The spa is so elegant, spacious, beautifully equipped and well staffed. I was looked after by Lorna who is a very experienced competent beautician and following a very beneficial massage I was shown to a lovely cosy relaxing room to relax. I had to steal myself away that morning as the wedding time was approaching.i will allow plenty of time when I next visit.
We had decided to have a dinner package at the hotel on the first evening and we booked for Jacks Bar. This area is spacious and comfortable with a very large fireplace and many sofas and chairs to sit and enjoy a pre dinner drink and peruse the menu.
The choice of food was amazing, to suit all tastes and appetites. We had a delicious dinner with all three courses. The staff were so helpful and discrete throughout our evening. We had a very helpful young lady called Ella who looked after all our needs. Another young lady who assisted was Gala. It was just lovely to be looked after by helpful pleasant staff.
Breakfast was a wonderful experience, with continental choices, and numerous cereals, fresh fruit yoghurt, juices. A varied choice of cooked meals was available from full Irish to pancakes with maple syrup. Several difficult decisions had to be made.
The wedding celebrations commenced with a very welcome reception of sandwiches, scones biscuits, tea coffee and cocktail drink all served in a very beautiful balcony area.
We enjoyed a delicious wedding dinner, carefully chosen to suit each guest and every course was beautifully presented and tasted superb. Everyone I spoke with said the same, just a really delicious meal. The staff were helpful and quietly efficient and made the wedding a very memorable day for everyone.
I would recommend this hotel for a special occasion , but I have been telling friends since returning home that I am looking forward to a return visit as a special treat. It is just a lovely place to stay, dine and enjoy the elegant spa facilities.
Well done to everyone at Killashee House Hotel for making our visit really special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Killashee House Hotel & Villa Spa, Naas, Co. Kildare is located just 30 kms from Dublin City Centre & just 2kms outside of Naas Town. Set amidst over 280 acres of historic & intriguing gardens, walk ways & parkland, with magnificent views over the Kildare countryside. A hotel that is timeless, natural & elegant where we understand space, fun & food. From family time to fun time, meetings to events and the gym to the spa, Killashee is the ideal retreat to relax & unwind for you & yours. From the hotels 141 beautifully appointed guestrooms to the indulgent services offered by the Country Club with a 25m swimming pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and a fully equipped gymnasium and also the beautiful Villa Spa with 18 luxurious treatment rooms, there is much to pamper you and much to experience. An oasis of calm, the Villa Spa is the ultimate in sheer relaxation and it is the aim of the Villa Spa to bring you on a journey of total well-being for body, mind & soul. We also have Zing Hair Salon onsite open from Tuesday to Saturday. The hotel boasts two Restaurants, Turners Restaurant offers a fabulous fine dining experience overlooking the fountain gardens whereas Jacks Bar & Bistro offers a more casual dining experience from light snacks to extensive lunch, dinner & cocktail menus. There is also live music in Jacks Bar every Friday & Saturday night. The Snug at Killashee House Hotel is a traditional Irish Pub where you can take a step back in time surrounded by open turf fires, admire the many trinkets, antiques and memorabilia from bygone days and of course enjoy an expertly poured pint of Guinness. There are so many activities on the beautiful estate of Killashee House Hotel including the woodland walking trails. Estate Maps are available at reception or why not borrow one of our bicycles which are complimentary to all guests. Take a relaxing stroll through the magnificent Fountain Gardens, Emma's Butterfly Garden in association with DEBRA Ireland or the stunning new gated Jack & Jill Foundation Garden. Also the Off Road Driving Centre in conjunction with Dynamic Events. From basic off - road driving days to fully integrated Team Building events, incorporating full tuition, course participants have a fantastic experience behind the wheel and try conditions that seem impassable but under the eye of the expert instructor. There is also so much to do & see in Kildare and Killashee is ideally located beside numerous fantastic golf courses such as the Craddockstown, Naas Golf Club & the PGA, to name but a few. For the Shoppers, there is Naas Town which offers an abundance of chic boutiques, Kildare Village Chic Outlet Shopping just 10 minutes' drive away, Newbridge Silverware & Museum of Style Icons and the Whitewater Shopping Centre in Newbridge. For unforgettable family days out, the Irish National Stud Visitors Attraction & Japanese Gardens is a must, a picnic at the Blessington Lakes, a visit to Russborough House or Kilruddery House or Carragh Open Farm are just a few of the many fantastic places to visit during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Killashee House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Killashee House Hotel & Villa Naas
- Killashee House Hotel And Villa Spa
- Killashee Hotel